Fun with helmets...

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
My poor bike now has 38,000+ miles on it. So does my HJC Helmet. Time for a new lid! Started looking around today and was shocked at the lack of choices. I'm a big guy (6'-3", 287 lbs, XXXL size), but I want some options! Here is my riding info/ preferences:

1- Flip up face. I'm a snuff dipper.
2- Dual visor. After two Lasik surgeries, I'm more than a little sensitive to light.
3- I always have my ear-buds in when I ride. Some of the helmets I've seen have varying degrees of Bluetooth (which I have no experience with) Can I listen to the old iPod with Bluetooth? Or what do I need?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/ opinions/ outright laughter! :BLAA:

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
HJC IS MAX is a great helmet, has a spot for clip on blue tooth chatter box if you want to go that direction: HJC IS-MAX Bluetooth Modular Helmet - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Also the Suomy D20 has similar features and can have built into it blue tooth: Suomy D20 Modular Helmet - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

+1 on the IS MAX HJC I have it and love it. I am sure if you look around you should find a XXL. Also shop around on some Shark helmets.

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
i also have the hjc is max bt. it's a nice helmet, especially for the sub $200 price tag. i tried on a bunch of helmets at my local shop and this was the one that fit my rather round head shape the best. the outer shell feels further away from my skull (most likely due to housing the modular mechanism), if that makes any difference to you. it's my first helmet so i don't have any reference points, but it feels a bit noisy and i could swear there are thump sounds (again, likely due to the internal modular parts). ymmv.

what generation is your ipod? if it has built-in bluetooth, then you should be able to use it with the chatterbox, or any other bluetooth headset. if it doesn't have built-in bluetooth functionality, you would need to get a bluetooth dongle/adapter to send the signal.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I picked up the new HJC SyMax 3. It is quieter and more comfortable then the older HJC modulars and a little lighter and I found it for less then $250us. And chatterbox ready.

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
what generation is your ipod? if it has built-in bluetooth, then you should be able to use it with the chatterbox, or any other bluetooth headset. if it doesn't have built-in bluetooth functionality, you would need to get a bluetooth dongle/adapter to send the signal.

I use my iPhone 4s. Bluetooth ready! Thanks for the tip!