FZ-10 in US market, confirmed for 2017

TxAg2015

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting. Never liked the idea of a crossplane crankshaft for a street bike. Sure, it should give better performance on the high end, but doesn't seem like it'd be useable on the street and would just make it vibrate more. But it sounds like it'll be a fun ride in any case.

Also, surely the 2017 FJ-09 will come standard with cruise if this bike does, right??

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The oil cooler is huge and I'm not thrilled with the location..

That's an oil leak waiting to happen W/O a guard..

Not bad thou...

Has anyone sat on a new Yamaha sport bike lately?

I stopped at the local shop (looking for an FJR) and sat on some other Yamaha (no idea what it was) but it too,
had a seat that was hard as board, just like '13 FJR I sat on, terrible!!

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
The oil cooler is huge and I'm not thrilled with the location..

That's an oil leak waiting to happen W/O a guard..

Not bad thou...

Has anyone sat on a new Yamaha sport bike lately?

I stopped at the local shop (looking for an FJR) and sat on some other Yamaha (no idea what it was) but it too,
had a seat that was hard as board, just like '13 FJR I sat on, terrible!!

I sat on the FZ09 and xsr900 for a brief moment, RideNow powersports people are dicks, they told me to come for a test ride and once I showed up, they said, they don't have a demo bike.
So, Just sat on the bike, which is on the floor and felt what other people are complaining. Hard and the shapes are not comfortable.
If street bikes are like that, no need to think about sport bike seats..!

Due to my bad seating position, I don't like my FZ6 seat either, but that is just me, being picky.

no idea what it was
you might've sat on Star Bolt :)

I like how Yamaha providing ABS in USA too. I ride rain or shine, so, i is good to have in those moments.

Last edited:

sdriv3r

Reaction score
Visit site
I was quite disapointed with the price thought. It's 15 500$ in canada. For 16k you can get a S1000R with the sport package (all the nice electronics and all).

My 2 choices would have to be either the GSXS1000 or S1000R. But maybe the FZ-10 is really great and worth the extra cash, only a test ride would show you that. But on paper it's slightly overpriced compared to its competitors.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
An impressive bike. I'm definitely a touring & ST kind of guy so the FZ 10 is too naked for me.

I do get a kick out of rider aids these days. I'm not ready now and probably won't ever be for a bike with 160 ponies and whatever torque such an engine must make. I would inevitably do something stupid with the clutch or throttle and break the rear end freer than I'd known what to do with.

Amusingly the advent of electronic rider aids has made me think it would be possible for me to drive a bike normally requiring 5 skill levels above my own. Yanked the throttle too hard? Dumped the clutch too fast? No problem!