FZ1 Bar

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've got it on. I had the dealer do it cause a buddy of mine offered to pay for the labor for my b-day gift (why not?). but now that I've had time to ride over the weekend i'm not sure if I like it. :spank: It seems like it makes the handling TOO sensitive. Not sure if that's because of the straighter bar or lower or wider? I can wiggle the bar and make the bike wiggle at speed 65mph+.... that makes me nervous. Anyone else experience this? would cutting them down so their not as long help? Or is this normal for the FZ1 bar on this bike?

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also interested in this. I just got FZ1 bars put on mine by a shop, and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for posting this up.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking that this may be my next mod. Will appreciate it if you post your comments after you ride your bike tomorrow

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I put mine on a couple of days ago and did a 5 hour ride yesterday.......I love'em. No wobbles here.....When I compared the bars between bikes, they look to be made from the same length of bar, just bent differently. The difference in width is within 1 inch between the two.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It doesn't really matter what bar is on the bike. If you wiggle the bar at 65 mph, the bike is going to wiggle period. :rolleyes: At 65, the LAST thing you want to do is wiggle it.... are you trying the create a self-induced tank slapper? :spank: ;)

At speed, you are only pushing down on the bar to lean the bike through the corner, not turning the bike. Perhaps it's just the slightly more aggressive position you're now in and more weight transferred to the bars because of it? Perhaps some bar-backs to put you back up-right?

Thankfully, it's a cheap enough mod to try and discard if you don't like! :thumbup:

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
It doesn't really matter what bar is on the bike. If you wiggle the bar at 65 mph, the bike is going to wiggle period. :rolleyes: At 65, the LAST thing you want to do is wiggle it.... are you trying the create a self-induced tank slapper? :spank: ;)

At speed, you are only pushing down on the bar to lean the bike through the corner, not turning the bike. Perhaps it's just the slightly more aggressive position you're now in and more weight transferred to the bars because of it? Perhaps some bar-backs to put you back up-right?

Thankfully, it's a cheap enough mod to try and discard if you don't like! :thumbup:

The only reason I check this is... wait for it.... when I was a kid I spilled my bicycle because the handlebar was not aligned with the wheel and it started to wobble.... kinda force of habit now that I check any 2 wheeler to see if it will happen. With the stock bar it didn't... maybe it's just the way they rotated the handlebars, it seems like their angled tward me not downward. I'll check this

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The only reason I check this is... wait for it.... when I was a kid I spilled my bicycle because the handlebar was not aligned with the wheel and it started to wobble.... kinda force of habit now that I check any 2 wheeler to see if it will happen. With the stock bar it didn't... maybe it's just the way they rotated the handlebars, it seems like their angled tward me not downward. I'll check this

Please . . . don't wiggle the bars at speed... mmmmmmmmkay? Wiggle is baaaaaddddd, mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay? :D

I think it is just more pronounced because the new bars are straighter and easier to control than the swept-back stype of the stockers. So long as they are tight, you should be OK though. Give them a couple weeks and if you still feel uncomfortable, I'd switch them back and post in the classifieds. Keep us posted, ok?