fz6 dash mod

gulenyuz

Reaction score
Visit site
interestingly yesterday I heard that the ignition timing of the FZ can be altered from the dash. much in disbelief I searched the internet to no avail. it would seem silly that such a mod can go unnoticed by a worldwide FZ user following. I even downloaded the service and user manuals - to no return. but heres the thing ... theres this guy

BanditAlleyBBS :: View topic - FZ6 or GSF600S (Bandit) 2005 models

and on the forum hes talking about exactly what I'm talking about. he says ;

Plus, you can reprogram the fuel injection from the dashboard...no need for a PowerCommander

then how why where when is this done !! hes not quoting about the new 2007 FZ6 because this was posted in 2005. Anyone got any ideas at all?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
interestingly yesterday I heard that the ignition timing of the FZ can be altered from the dash. much in disbelief I searched the internet to no avail. it would seem silly that such a mod can go unnoticed by a worldwide FZ user following. I even downloaded the service and user manuals - to no return. but heres the thing ... theres this guy

BanditAlleyBBS :: View topic - FZ6 or GSF600S (Bandit) 2005 models

and on the forum hes talking about exactly what I'm talking about. he says ;

Plus, you can reprogram the fuel injection from the dashboard...no need for a PowerCommander

then how why where when is this done !! hes not quoting about the new 2007 FZ6 because this was posted in 2005. Anyone got any ideas at all?
Hi mate, I have not heard of this mod on this site. We could try asking YamahaGenuineParts.com (member on this site) if he has heard of this mod. I would be interested in finding out more, as I am also considering a power comander. Your post has had a lot of views, I guess that the lack of responses is simply cause we dont know the answer. Are you a member of the site where the original thread came from?

gulenyuz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi mate, I have not heard of this mod on this site. We could try asking YamahaGenuineParts.com (member on this site) if he has heard of this mod. I would be interested in finding out more, as I am also considering a power comander. Your post has had a lot of views, I guess that the lack of responses is simply cause we dont know the answer. Are you a member of the site where the original thread came from?

No I'm not a member. But I posted the question in another forum and this answer came back

He is talking about the co levels, that is only good to change if you have a a/f gauge. It is made to compensate for the altitude and conditions of your area. Chances are that you are fine with the stock settings. It is different than what a pc3 does.

I checked and it's true. No avail :)

Neil

Hooligan
Reaction score
Visit site
I am also considering a power comander.

Don't just consider it, do it, as soon as possible.
I bought my FZ with Acropovic cans already fitted (no baffles), and it has a few bad flat spots.
Next I bought and fitted a Power Commander 3 usb, it made a difference, but not really impressed with it.
Tried to down load the correct fuel map for the Acro's, but as a mac user this is not easy.
So I got a friend who owns a laptop to install the program and download and install the map.
Oh YES, that is what I was looking for, smooth seamless power from 3000 rpm on, no flat spots, it just goes.

Neil. :thumbup:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm new to the larger bike scene, I've been riding on a Yamaha YBR125 for the past 2 years and am about to upgrade to the FZ6 fazer S2 very soon (within four weeks I hope!)

Does the bike require a power commander if it only has stock exhausts fitted? I will be getting the bike restricted to 33bhp too as that's the law in both Ireland and Northern Ireland for 2 years after you pass your full driving licence...its crazy I know!!

W

wrightme43

:rant: ON
When are you guys going to overthrow your nanny state government? What in the hell has happened to the other bastion of freedom in the world?
:rant: OFF

Umm I dont think you need a power comander for the stock bike. I dont know what will happen when someone takes something built to make 98 hp and some assmaster decrees it must make 33 hp and you have to fix it. Sorry I guess my rant wasnt quite over. Ummm I think we are still open to anyone with some guts and brains that wants to move here. Kentucky is a nice place and the government seems to understand if it trys to hard to tell us what to do, they will get shot. :thumbup: Repeatedly :thumbup:

Steve

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
if only Illinois could have KY's government, it would be the best state in the union.

jk, jk.

W

wrightme43

LOL
I was born in Ill, and it seems that every time I go back the police want to give me tickets and harrass me. The best was a screaming sherrif who was just certian I had stolen my truck.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm new to the larger bike scene, I've been riding on a Yamaha YBR125 for the past 2 years and am about to upgrade to the FZ6 fazer S2 very soon (within four weeks I hope!)

Does the bike require a power commander if it only has stock exhausts fitted? I will be getting the bike restricted to 33bhp too as that's the law in both Ireland and Northern Ireland for 2 years after you pass your full driving licence...its crazy I know!!

The point of limiting bikes to 33Bhp is that you can keep the same bike after 2 years of on the road training, then have it de-regulated.

Now I'm not saying you should, but I'm betting you can find a back street mechanic who will de-regulate it for you without telling DVLA about it. Know wot I mean! :Sport:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, I know exactly what you mean pedwards, I already know how to remove the restriction that will be put in but I wont be doing that....I still think 2 years is way way too long. I'm well used to bikes at this stage after 2 years of riding every day and night!!

Anyways....not to worry about the law...it sucks anyway! Just wondering if a Power commander may help to get around some of the lost bhp?

S

sportrider

wouldn't a used bike be unregulated, or is that something that they check for when you register the bike?

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
Power commander is an electronic box that allows the stock ECU map to be reconfiguered to get better performance by altering the fueling of the bike, best set up on a rolling road by a pro.
mostly used when you add aftermarket exhausts and air box and the standard FI cannot cope - it just a modern way of rejetting:D