FZ6 Mulholland Crash

vr46fan

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
I believe there is a slight dip or something in that corner. If you watch more of his videos, a lot of people have trouble at that corner.

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
These photographers contribute to accidents on Dragon as well. Riders want to look cool and get over theirs limits. Also, looking at the photographer they are going wide into the oposit lane.
I've been riding on European roads with ALL sorts of different curves, and never saw photogtaphers... :). No such a show-off mentally.

As for this vid, it's hard to judge from it, but it looks like something on the road that contributed to loose the rear...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Photographers are there to make money off these riders just for best shot of their leans :). They are very helpful guys/gals!

These photographers contribute to accidents on Dragon as well. Riders want to look cool and get over theirs limits. Also, looking at the photographer they are going wide into the oposit lane.
I've been riding on European roads with ALL sorts of different curves, and never saw photogtaphers... :). No such a show-off mentally.

As for this vid, it's hard to judge from it, but it looks like something on the road that contributed to loose the rear...

I agree that when there are photographers, riders tend to ride differently adding to the percentages of mishaps. The rider however should take full responsibility for their action and can not blame the photographer unless of course the photographer throws the camera at the rider or under his wheels.

Also if the photographer is naked....If the photographer is naked...... then yes....... the photographer may have some responsibility and then the rider may share responsibility......:eek::confused::rolleyes:

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A bulk of the roads I ride or pass though are very narrow and have little to no shoulder. That is; beyond the paved edge is typically a deep ditch, large trees, or a canyon. And if you loose focus due to target fixation or whatever, odds are you will not be OK!

That said, I must admit, the deception of big, open, wide roads may elicit higher speeds than the conditions/experience/setup allow. I've done that on a couple of sweepers where the radius tightens yet the destination is in sight.

It still comes back to the basics! SIPDE
See
Identify
Predict
Decide
Execute

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
It amazes me how many people are standing around that corner to help the rider up after a crash, it's like they know it's coming. Do riders crash everyday?

How do you know that the photographer didn't spray some slippery liquid on that part of the corner the night before to ensure he keeps getting fresh crash videos for his website?

I think the guy camps out there every weekend to get pictures, you're bound to get the odd crash here and there. There is a lookout a 100m up from this corner where many people stop to take a break, look at all the bikes/cars blasting through that corner and the corners below. For what it's worth, I spent a few hours hanging out there, saw tons of bikes/cars and not one crash.

When I was there a year ago, I chatted up one of the photographers (not rnickeymouse) and he said Jay Leno regularly stops at the lookout on the weekends or at least passes by in something from his collection.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that when there are photographers, riders tend to ride differently adding to the percentages of mishaps. The rider however should take full responsibility for their action and can not blame the photographer unless of course the photographer throws the camera at the rider or under his wheels.

Also if the photographer is naked....If the photographer is naked...... then yes....... the photographer may have some responsibility and then the rider may share responsibility......:eek::confused::rolleyes:

Cliff you might be on to something. We only see the footage of the rider going through the corner and not what the rider was focused on. Hypothetically speaking, if I was riding through that corner and spotted a photographer that resembled FI's avatar, I could see myself being that guy. :spank: