Fz6 puig racing screen with mra-xcreen touring, it fits!

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, still did not get a chance to test drive, but I am happy that it fits. I'll post some picks later and a review on how it performs next week. Hopefully it will get rid of the turbulence and provide some calm winds. I do a lot of highway driving and it becomes very tiresome trying to keep my head still. I am 186 cm or 6'2 and 100kg or 230 lbs

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
not the best of pictures but hopefully give you the idea. I will definitely take more and attach more. By the way I went with the Clamp on option as I did not want to drill any holes and I also hope if and when I get a new bike I can re use it.

20170511_213500.jpg
20170511_213554.jpg

Last edited:

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All, went for my first 30 mile drive to work today mostly highway with speeds upto 100+MPH occasionally.. and the X-creen is good and does help but to be honest after reading all the reviews I was expecting miracles out of this thing.. hahaha
I still have to experiment with other angles and heights. Right now I do not have it all the way up, about half way. Biggest difference was when tucking now I can hear the engine and the wind is very calm. I am pretty tall so I guess when I am in my normal riding position I do still get a lot of wind to the helmet and cant hear anything but wind noise (i do have motorcycle ear plugs), but the good thing is now is that if does feel warmer riding as the wind does not hit my chest any more. That's the beauty of this thing as you can adjust the height and angle.
More updates to follow in the coming days :)

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
I Paid $145 for the x-creen, and I was hoping it would almost eliminate turbulence and head buffeting. So far I've been unable to find that perfect position. I've been riding pretty much all my life but never really drove on the highway as I lived on an small island that did not have any highways hahaha. Now I live in the USA and this is my first "big bike" so perhaps my expectations are not accurate. I love riding and I like using my bike for commuting to work which is mostly highway miles with about 60 miles a day round trip. I can only ride the bike 4 to 5 months a year as I am at the mercy of the weather here in the North East.

That said the best setting, believe or not, is at the lowest setting when I keep the X-creen pretty much parallel with the Puig Racing screen. If I crouch over even a few inches works great.. but in my relax position I still get a lot of buffeting but I guess it is as good as it gets. I am 6 feet and 2 inches (186cm) and 220lbs. I think for anyone below 6ft this will probably work very well.

I am not positive but if the stock windshield were to be a couple of inches higher this might eliminate most the turbulence and buffeting. Anyone local willing to let me try a touring windscreen or want to try the x-creen let me know.,, I am in CT..

Not sure if it is normal but the other day we had 20+ MPH winds and man it was kind of dangerous riding on the highway at anything above 80 MPH.. anytime I was behind a car turbulence would be so bad, is that normal?