Fz6 Standard version (76hp) dyno

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
Yours is UN-RESTRICTED. Its the standard butterfly stop for the 98 HP version (as is mine/US version).

TownsendsFJR1300, thanks a lot, sorry for asking in multiple threads, I just panicked a bit. But checked my butterfly valves and yeah, they open fully.

Thanks again, good to know my fears were baseless.

Karlzone

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! This is my first post so far, and iv'e been wondering about the standard version fz6.
I own one myself (bought it one month ago :rockon: (haven't ridden it much since it's winter :())

Anyway, iv'e searched for dyno charts for the 76 hp version and i have not found a single one. So my question is if anyone have done a dyno run, and if so can you post it?
And also if anyone have done a dyno run on a 33hp restricted fz6.

It would cure my curiosity :BLAA:

Update: Iv'e checked with Leo vince, and they do currently not have a dyno chart for the 76hp version. It seems like the restricted version is either rare or the europeans just doesn't bother do a dyno chart :shakehead:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure your bike's crank horse power is factory rated at 98. Your rear wheel horse power will probably be near 90-91 rwhp. Unless there is some restriction your bike should be somewhere near these numbers. :)

i think the actual RWHP figure is around 85hp. i believe erci has a topic comparing the S1, S2 and FZ1 on a factory dyno chart from Yamaha. my dad's old Beemer has 86 rwhp as noted from the factory and the my FZ pulls a little bit on him at speed (cant hang off the line due to the boxer's torque) but he's also giving up 50+ lbs in just the bike alone.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had my fz6 for a week and havent got past 6000 rpm in any of the first three gears, apparently I havent seen anything this bike can do. I guess my question is( how many rpms can I run it in each gear, it has a little over 1000 miles on it).

I pegged the throttle to the stop right after leaving the dealer.... Let it hit the rev limiter... It won't break... Besides, It as already seen redline the minute it rolled off the assembly line when the motor was dyno tested for proper operation and output... Do it now as it will probably run better after that....

radexS1

Reaction score
Visit site
I pegged the throttle to the stop right after leaving the dealer.... Let it hit the rev limiter... It won't break... Besides, It as already seen redline the minute it rolled off the assembly line when the motor was dyno tested for proper operation and output... Do it now as it will probably run better after that....

Jaysus, you look awfully like a Canadian dude I went to school with. Did you ever live in Ireland?

kostekh

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

I've found dyno chart for restricted fz6 from 2008 in mototcycle magazine.
On dyno chart it has 75hp at 11400rbp, and only 52Nm of torque (in comprarison CBF600 has 78hp at 9800rpm and 60Nm).

The CBF accelerated from 140-180kmh in 7,9s - fz6 needed long 12,2s.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The european version from 07 (i think) is restricted, perhaps it has 98 hp at the crank, put not anywhere near that at the wheel. But i haven't seen any dyno chart for the european version though :/
There was a S1 version for Europe that was 78hp is yours the S1 or S2?
S2 versions were full power.

Nelly

radexS1

Reaction score
Visit site
There was a S1 version for Europe that was 78hp is yours the S1 or S2?
S2 versions were full power.

Nelly

I think the S1's released before 2007 were 98bhp, and S1's after that were 78bhp.

See here (concise model history)
"
Completely new model with new 98HP engine.
[...]
2007 - Upgraded model named “S2” features: ...
[yadayada]
...The non-S2 model is a value-for-money option without these changes and with a 78 HP engine."

I remember reading somewhere that new european emission laws meant that the unchanged S1 would need to be reduced in power, whereas the new design of the S2 was prepared for the changes, and did not need to be reduced. I'm not sure what the claimed horsepower of the S2 is.

Nice page there though, huh? The model history and the pretty pictures and all.