FZ6N 2006 idle problem + choking.

Fz6n_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Guys.

I am new in this forum, so first of all hello to everyone! :)

I am wondering, maybe someone could help me with my issue on FZ6n.

Yesterday i noticed that my headlights and speedometer lights are starting to flash when engine working on idle. When i start to ride, it stops flashing and it is all ok, but at 50-70 km/h if driving calmly (without accelerating) engine sometimes ''choke'' a little. If i start to accelerate, it stops doing it, and works fine.
Both issues started in same time, yesterday evening after 50km ride on highway.

I guess it could be problem in generator? maybe something else? Does someone had the same problem and have some solution ideas?

Also i changed my exhaust system last year to dominator, and idle is jumping all the time from 1140-1260. Maybe that is the case? But mechanics told me that it is o with non stock exhaust systems.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum......

Too early to figure out the issue. Need to do some testing.

The generator could be the issue. Start with an easy test. You will need a voltmeter to start.

Measure the voltage at the battery with the bike off. Should see at least 12.8 volts. Start the engine and let it idle. It should be over 13 volts. Then rev the engine to around 5000 rpm and the voltage should be over 14 volts.

If the voltages with the engine running are lower than normal, then you do have a charging issue.

Send some videos of the problem. It makes troubleshooting a bit easier.

Fz6n_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum......

Too early to figure out the issue. Need to do some testing.

The generator could be the issue. Start with an easy test. You will need a voltmeter to start.

Measure the voltage at the battery with the bike off. Should see at least 12.8 volts. Start the engine and let it idle. It should be over 13 volts. Then rev the engine to around 5000 rpm and the voltage should be over 14 volts.

If the voltages with the engine running are lower than normal, then you do have a charging issue.

Send some videos of the problem. It makes troubleshooting a bit easier.

Thanks for info! Will try it out.

Fz6n_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
it looks like it's voltage regulator. The problem was in wires and it cause short circuit and regulator went down... at this moment my bike is at mechanic, but when i checked the voltage on voltmeter as you told me, it never gone over 13.