FZ6N S2 Headlight

parallax

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I just picked up an 2008 FZ6 yesterday. It's a great bike and I plan on doing an FZ6N conversion. From what I can tell this is a popular topic on the board and I apologize for the redundancy. However, I've been searching for this headlight but have only come across the eBay version that's made in China.

It looks a little curious, and for $350 I'm not sure about the quality. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiences with this headlight, and if I would have to buy the mounting brackets from a dealership. All of the threads that I've come across are a few years old, so I was wondering if sourcing straight from a dealership is the way to go.

desktop2008fz6white.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Rover da Niga

Reaction score
Visit site
Obviously you are asking for the OEM headlight for the FZ6N. But if you let me and advice, if your concern is the performance of the headlight I strongly recommend you to purchase any low/ high beam headlight for naked bike, and turn it into HID or fit some projector inside.

I tell you this because the standard OEM headlight for most motorcycle usually are not good enough.

Now if you are looking only for the OEM, to get the standar look, good luck with the search.

Head Light Headlight Assembly House Fits for Yamaha FZ6 N 05 08 | eBay

I have bought a lot of stuff from hong kong and have no complaint with the quality of the products.

parallax

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking for a standard look. My main question is if anyone has used this headlight kit from ebay before, as I've yet to find any reviews on it or conversion write-ups using it. Most of the conversion threads that I've come across have called for OEM lights (that I'm having trouble finding) and mounting hardware totaling anywhere from $800-$1100. These threads are also dated a couple of years back so I don't know if this is still the standard cost for an OEM FZ6N conversion.

The quality of the light is a concern, but as you said most headlights outputs are not that great to begin with and if I were to do a conversion then it'd be to retrofit a good projector into the housing, as just and HID bulb alone would be brighter but cause more danger by producing glare.

Thanks for the reply!