Gears Canada saddle bags

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
There's a little company in Canada called Gears that makes mototcycle stuff - heated clothing, rain gear, bags, covers, wiring etc. I picked up a used pair of their Ultramax saddlebags for the FZ6 today. I really wanted hard cases, but have Two-Bros exhausts and its a pain to custom fit side rails.

The Gears bags fit OK and have a whole bunch of straps and attachment points to hold them on. They are expandable up to 76 L and include side pockets, internal pouches, rain covers and reflective striping. One cool feature is a bottle holder at the front of each one for a quick grab.

Retail is $120 CND but I got these for $80. Nice enough bags for the money, and they match my JR Manta tank bag.

IMG_3788.jpg

Anesi

Reaction score
Visit site
They look really great :thumbup: and in 76l one could carry a small planet split in two :D I'm almost regretting that I just bought a set of Oxford X50 (for my Norway round-trip) - though they are super nice aswell.

Any chance of a touring-review any time soon? :cheer:

/Anesi

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
They look really great :thumbup: and in 76l one could carry a small planet split in two :D I'm almost regretting that I just bought a set of Oxford X50 (for my Norway round-trip) - though they are super nice aswell.

Any chance of a touring-review any time soon? :cheer:

/Anesi

The only review so far is from the previous owner, who said they worked great. He rode through "torrential rain" with them and the rain covers worked well. He even had a laptop computer in the bag and it was unharmed. I found that fitting them with the FZ6 stock side rails isn't ideal but they can be tightened up pretty good. Riding at 120k they aren't even noticable, no movement.