Givi PLX racks for 2005 FZ6 vs. tubular side racks

HappyHighwayman

Reaction score
Visit site
I found these:

GIVI PLX351+351 Kit - PLX Series Sidecase Mounting Kit-Yamaha FZ6 (04-06)

via another thread but it's an old one. Originally I was in contact with Twisted Throttle and the guy told me they don't make PLX racks for the 04-06 FZ6, but this link would seem to prove them wrong.

I currently have the Givi FZ351 + V46. This should all work well together, right? Otherwise I'm going to get the tubular side racks (Givi PL351)

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure, but once I read about the SW-Motech quick release racks, I didn't want Givi racks. The quick release is a nice feature. You may want to check it out. I have a picture in my garage. I understand there is now a PLX QR rack, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HappyHighwayman

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure, but once I read about the SW-Motech quick release racks, I didn't want Givi racks. The quick release is a nice feature. You may want to check it out. I have a picture in my garage. I understand there is now a PLX QR rack, too.

I was told the SW-Motech racks are not compatible with my existing FZ351

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah, that's probably right. With my non-PLX QR racks, there is no topcase rack that'll fit. There is a guy that posted how he got a setup with Givi sideracks and I think an SW-Motech toprack to go on. I seem to recall his closing comments sounding like he wished he had done it differently. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Last edited:

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like it's about $170 for the pre-07 PLX racks, but $500 for the V35 cases!

Yeah, but when you're a thousand miles from nowhere in the pouring rain it feels very very worth it.

Hell, even when it isn't raining, its worth it. :thumbup:

IMGP7346edited-1-XL.jpg

HappyHighwayman

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the PLX racks...they're sold out everywhere but the place I ordered from has a shipment coming in in November and I don't need them yet so I just ordered the racks for now.