Greenish oil, smells like fuel???

Lool, I managed to get in touch with the previous owner and guess what: he poured into the engine some Putoline oil which is green from default :D Anyway I am going to get rid of this sh.t. My choice is Silikolene PRO4 10W40. Fully synthetic racing oil with a positive feedback from users.
What do you think about my choice?

New oil, new filter. Nice fresh start so you know what you got. Any 10w-40 JASO certified (safe for wet clutch) oil of your choice will be fine. :welcome:

Lool, I managed to get in touch with the previous owner and guess what: he poured into the engine some Putoline oil which is green from default :D Anyway I am going to get rid of this sh.t. My choice is Silikolene PRO4 10W40. Fully synthetic racing oil with a positive feedback from users.
What do you think about my choice?

Dun, dun, dunnnnnn, you're welcome. Don't forget the little like button on my window :D ;)

/Off topic kinda

Cage world, as soon as the engine runs stable, unless its below freezing, I start driving keeping RPMs lower to allow the ALL OF THE DRIVE TRAIN components to warm up, NOT just the engine.

The point being, Trans, differential(s), transfer case etc all need to warm and get to proper operating clearances and temperatures. So, warming the engine and then PIN the Throttle can lead to other parts being damaged.

IMO - bringing it all up to temp slowly has its place. Not much on bike tho, but I don't redline my stuff when its cold.

So now instead of green I have a red oil :p All the rest the same. Clunky transmission etc. I guess I have to get over it- Yamaha gearbox...

My fz6 would clunk and clank sometimes, usually like parked on a hill and not relieving the tension before dropping it out of gear. It happens lol.

So now instead of green I have a red oil :p All the rest the same. Clunky transmission etc. I guess I have to get over it- Yamaha gearbox...

The Motul 7100 really smoothed out the gear box on mine, and it already had synthetic oil in when i got it.

Maybe try that next time!

Clutch adjustment and lubrication may help with the gear transitions. My first gear is still abrupt, but the rest are smooth. ;)

Back