Handle Bar Camera Mount

Dunny

Hit the road jack
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/82056311/Images/3/pacamaras.JPG

After much searching of the forum and the net I purchased the above camera mount, $65 landed from the States, so hopefully I will be able to post some Vids of the great country side I live in. Heading up the the mountains in Nov with about 3000 of my closest mates riding for kids with cancer. Should gets some good vid. Stay tuned

Daryl

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought that mount, too. Good product, lots of different uses.

What kind of camera are you planning on using with it?

Unfortunately for me, the camera I wanted to use was very light and vibration was still an issue. Heavier cameras or using some ballast might yeild better results, but I haven't got around to testing it.

Dunny

Hit the road jack
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought that mount, too. Good product, lots of different uses.

What kind of camera are you planning on using with it?

Unfortunately for me, the camera I wanted to use was very light and vibration was still an issue. Heavier cameras or using some ballast might yeild better results, but I haven't got around to testing it.
Ive got a Samsung flash cam Plus it to is very small. It records directly to a SD card and it has anti shake.
http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn...ources/2008/01/samsung_SC-HMX20C_lensview.jpg

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
The higher the frame rate the more the shake will be noticable so do some playing with the camera's settings... also depending on the camera the shake from the handle bars can be enough to shut the camera off... hopefully it works out for you but after mounting my camera to my handlebars with the cheap do it yourself mount I'm pretty certain the handlebars are not a great choice :(

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive got a Samsung flash cam Plus it to is very small. It records directly to a SD card and it has anti shake.

Your camera looks bigger than the one I tried, but since it's flash based I bet it's still pretty light. Hopefully the anti-shake will help, but don't be afraid to experiment with padding and maybe a bracket with some extra weight between the camera and tripod mounting screw to help deaden some of the vibes.