Handlebar: do it myself or dealer?

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
I need an opinion. I bought the FZ1 handlebar from my dealer, for them to put it on it's $70 an hour. Is it difficult to do? Can I do it myself or should I have them do it?:confused:

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Do it yourself. I don't have time right now but i can write up something for you tonight. or someone else can before I do. its very easy.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
It has to be fairly simple to do for yourself...... and if you get hung up just come here and ask for help, you will breeze through it!

Do you have other means of transport? It shouldn't take very long but you always want to plan ahead.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well... keep watch, If my stock seat pan mod goes well, mine(corbin) will be for sale w/ backrest:thumbup:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like someone already said, just do it yourself and save the green bucks for something else later.

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I need an opinion. I bought the FZ1 handlebar from my dealer, for them to put it on it's $70 an hour. Is it difficult to do? Can I do it myself or should I have them do it?:confused:

I did it myself, it was pretty easy. Loosen all everything else while the bars are still fixed in place. Then take off the bars. I removed the clutch side first, no real reason. Having the bars free and easy will make it way easier to remove/install the grip and lever assembly's. Tighten the bars. Tighten the grips/levers. Ensure that when the bars are turned to the lock left/right they don't hit the tank. Make sure you have some grip goo before trying to put back on the left grip.

Enjoy!

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
Well they're on!!:rockon:

I loved the feel right off the bat. Steering is WAAAAAY more sensitive. not sure if it's because the bar is straighter or wider.

The only thing that kinda makes me nervous is the "wiggle". when riding along I can wiggle the fork and make the bike wiggle... couldn't do that with the stock ones. Maybe I should cut them down? anyone have any experience with that?