Handlebar / Throttle Holder

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I swapped my stock bars for the FZ-1, but I elected to drill a hole into the bar to accept the tab from the housing. It is really not that difficult. When you replaced the throttle grip, you must make sure it is not snugged up to the housing, otherwise you may have some throttle sticking issues. :thumbup:

Yea, the tab itself is buggered up now, just in the way and won't go in the hole..

Its, from what I can figure, keeping the two halfs of the switch from clamping down together fully (acting like a spacer).

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Grind it off and put a layer or two of electrical tape on the bar.

It's what I did for my clipons - instead of drilling them. Never moves, and was way easier than drilling it properly and getting it in the right place.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Grind it off and put a layer or two of electrical tape on the bar.

It's what I did for my clipons - instead of drilling them. Never moves, and was way easier than drilling it properly and getting it in the right place.

Did you need the tape as it wouldn't tighen down without it? (Tip already removed)

cthouse

Reaction score
Visit site
This thread deserves some resolution. There is a relatively small y shaped piece with a bump inside the throttle side switch. I apparently broke this bump off. Luckily I work with an awesome guy who restores vintage bikes as a hobby. He machined me a new bump to fit inside the piece of plastic. The whole throttle is now back together and secure! [emoji41]

fcf5ddb8490a68de4b94e65b59c321f7.jpg

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
For you folks that have the plastic bump broken/smashed,
3M, has a double sided sticky tape that is a grafic-arts product used for matting pictures.
It's called Web lock(or loc),dont have a roll where I am at the moment.
I worked at the Elkhart Truth(Newspaper).
Where it was used it to splice big rolls of paper together for the printing press.
It,s not very thick.Not at home so I can't Mic a piece but I'd say it's in the low thousandths of an inch.
I'd put two layers layers on handlebar and then assemble.
It's strong and sticky with a high shear strenth under compression.
It a top notch product!
If you can find some give it a try!