Hate lowballers. This felt great.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Helping my friend sell his SV.

*MINT* 2007 SV650 very low km - Edmonton Sport Bikes For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton Canada.

Got an offer for $3,000. I told him yes and dragged him on for a couple emails back and forth over a few days. Convinced him he had a deal. Then sent this just know. I feel great. Lovely way to end a Friday haha.

rofl-1.jpg

:BLAA:

Last edited:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't bother with scams.

But I have always wanted to take a vendetta on a low baller.

Next time I will do this.

Accept a low ball offer.

tell them that the motorcycle is in storage at my family's place out of town.

Pick a random address from Google earth/maps about 50 to 75 miles away from the city.

Tell them to call me once they are there.

Laugh hysterically when they call.

Open a beer and pat myself on the back.

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
It was hard for me as a new guy to sort out what fair market value was for the bikes I was looking at. Blue Book online is a fair tool, I found this site below too and thought that it was a big help knowing what an acceptable range was for the bikes I was looking at;

2007 Sv650 Used Price - $3,700

I don't think it's set in stone or anything, but any help one can get is nice.

Last edited:

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
Well played. I hate that you almost can't avoid it. Even if you post up no lowball offers, no email, no trades and what do you get...all of the above! And most of the lowball offers I get by email are scammers. "If the item is still available I would make purchase of 2,300." "Item"? :confused:

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Blue book varies by region. Our market is higher priced than that.

And that's why I didn't send him to Tijuana to pick up the bike. But it was tempting... Lol

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was actually planning on taking the R1 to Cali. Was going to announce it as a surprise.

Now....I don't think I can pedal that far on my bicycle. :(

But this winter I really want to trailer a track bike down and do Willow and Laguna.

*fingers crossed*

David Thompson

Reaction score
Visit site
maybe you should counter offer instead, he might have bought the bike. it looks like you wasted just as much of your time as his.

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
maybe you should counter offer instead, he might have bought the bike. it looks like you wasted just as much of your time as his.

No. No he wouldn't have.

And wasted my time? How so? By writing an email for 30 seconds and then spending the next 3 hours smiling? Pretty sure the bigger waste of time would have been treating him like an adult.

Sorry chap. No dice.

Lol

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
That's F'N great!!!

I've messed with craigslisters before but mainly scamers, saying I will gladly accept their money order or what not but I will only take it in person, I actually had one person who "supposedly" got lost on the way to my house, yeah i gave him a fake address, you know the prince's personal assistant...

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Of course, you see tons of bikes listed at 2-3x the book value because it's "mint". Most people don't realize that book value assumes the bike is showroom floor ready, with some sort of dealer short term warranty (30-90 days). You know, even though it says so on every page of the website.

If it says *MINT* in the title, I assume the seller is retarded and don't click on the link. And so would almost any person who actually knows how to work the google machine, I would imagine. It does go both ways. Just sounds to me like you're not all that keen on selling the bike.

And I did bother looking up retail values of an '07 SV650, and they seem to vary between $3500 and $3900 with a few "fliers", so an offer of $3000 isn't an unreasonable starting point for negotiations. Making a counter offer probably would have sold the bike. Since you didn't bother to list any mods that might justify essentially a $1500 hike in value, anyone looking at the bike would have to assume they aren't that valuable. If they are, then I would suggest listing them (and take *MINT* out of your title. I fully expected to see a purple bike, lowered, with a five foot swing arm just because of that word. And just seeing the word in the title tells me from experience that the bike is well over book).

Also, anyone with half a brain knows that maintenance periods are based on BOTH time and usage. Since you seem to think they're only on mileage, I can only assume the "first major service" that supposed to be done at 36 months or 24,000kms hasn't been done. So it's not a well maintained bike. Sorry.

But it's yours to sell... or not. Based on the value ranges, I probably would have offered the same myself. But I've been around long enough to know that when people post ridiculously over book values on their bikes/cars/crap in general, they're not coming down to the realm of reality. So, I wouldn't have made the offer in the first place. But that's just me. Some people have money to burn/can't be bothered to do research.

And feel free to flame me. I've said what I wanted to say, it was reasonable. I probably won't be bothered to come back and read your opinion. Just because it differs from mine. :thumbup: Of course, if you actually want to sell your bike cause you need the money, you'll swallow your pride and take my advice.

TL;DR
-Your ad for your bike is $1300-1500 over book.
-The way your ad is worded tells me you don't understand how to properly maintain a bike, and that you don't really want to sell it.
-Just because you're on the internet doesn't mean you have to be a douche when someone "inconvenienced" you with a reasonable starting offer and haggling is a foreign concept to you.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Of course, you see tons of bikes listed at 2-3x the book value because it's "mint". Most people don't realize that book value assumes the bike is showroom floor ready, with some sort of dealer short term warranty (30-90 days). You know, even though it says so on every page of the website.

If it says *MINT* in the title, I assume the seller is retarded and don't click on the link. And so would almost any person who actually knows how to work the google machine, I would imagine. It does go both ways. Just sounds to me like you're not all that keen on selling the bike.

And I did bother looking up retail values of an '07 SV650, and they seem to vary between $3500 and $3900 with a few "fliers", so an offer of $3000 isn't an unreasonable starting point for negotiations. Making a counter offer probably would have sold the bike. Since you didn't bother to list any mods that might justify essentially a $1500 hike in value, anyone looking at the bike would have to assume they aren't that valuable. If they are, then I would suggest listing them (and take *MINT* out of your title. I fully expected to see a purple bike, lowered, with a five foot swing arm just because of that word. And just seeing the word in the title tells me from experience that the bike is well over book).

Also, anyone with half a brain knows that maintenance periods are based on BOTH time and usage. Since you seem to think they're only on mileage, I can only assume the "first major service" that supposed to be done at 36 months or 24,000kms hasn't been done. So it's not a well maintained bike. Sorry.

But it's yours to sell... or not. Based on the value ranges, I probably would have offered the same myself. But I've been around long enough to know that when people post ridiculously over book values on their bikes/cars/crap in general, they're not coming down to the realm of reality. So, I wouldn't have made the offer in the first place. But that's just me. Some people have money to burn/can't be bothered to do research.

And feel free to flame me. I've said what I wanted to say, it was reasonable. I probably won't be bothered to come back and read your opinion. Just because it differs from mine. :thumbup: Of course, if you actually want to sell your bike cause you need the money, you'll swallow your pride and take my advice.

TL;DR
-The way your ad is worded tells me you don't understand how to properly maintain a bike, and that you don't really want to sell it.
-Just because you're on the internet doesn't mean you have to be a douche when someone "inconvenienced" you with a reasonable starting offer and haggling is a foreign concept to you.

Don't get me wrong I get and understand everything you are saying and agree with most of it but it seems you have forgotten one major thing...

Lone is from Canada and bike prices are MUCH higher up there, I just got off Canada's Craigslist and the price of 5,000 for a good condition sv650 seems to be legit. Take a look at their Craigslist and just search for Suzuki in the for sale section and you will see.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI I am not the owner of this motorcycle. But beyond that:

TL;DR

Your TLDR was TL. So DR.

:BLAA:

Lol jk

The person selling the bike will not go below $4500 no matter what. He wants to keep riding next season but just bought a condo. But he bought it for $5500 last year.....and that was EXACTLY where all the SV's in that condition were sitting. Edmonton is not your market and blue book varies by region. We have a HUGE spike in prices in April and May where bike values are exaggerated and inflated. Then it tanks stupendously. I sold my first R1 for almost $2000 more than I paid for it by sitting on it for 6 months. And had NO trouble doing it.

So, in short, you are wrong and I am right. :) The bike WILL sell for $5,000 but he might have to wait till next year.

As for maintenance, I don't believe we've met. I'm Lone from Supertech Auto, how may I help you today? Lol. The thing has 4500km, was ridden only in the sunshine, and had an oil change and service already at the shop. What more do you want from me? Chain sprockets and all other consumables have zero signs of wear, everything is lubed and operating perfectly, and the plastics and engine casings are in show room condition.

Haggle with someone who sent me half-assed messages from his phone with terrible spelling and grammar who pretty much just spammed me with "would you accept $3,000"???

105298.jpg

Also, he had to ask me who I was when I replied because he had NO idea. I took this to mean he had probably spammed the interwebs with lowballs hoping someone was in a tough spot financially and would bite.

I've sold one bike every year for the past 5 years. I know how to sell bikes in my local market.

This guy was a 'tard and you seem to be defending his actions as those of a reasonable human being. Lol

Also, if it doesn't sell I get to have another friend with a motorcycle. But that's not a huge deal anyway since he will be buying a supersport next season anyway.

And the main reason I put *MINT* in the ad title was so it would stand out from other ads with asterix and caps.

P.S. the bike is not ACTUALLY mint. It's in great condition though. Lol hoping to snag an excited newbie with more money than time this late in the season.

But all that aside, I am always open to feedback to improve on things. Next time I throw up an ad I'll keep some of your stuff there under advisement. Cheers

Lol and of course you're going to come back and read this. Who are you kidding? It's the internet. It's toooooo juicy to leave alone.

grilled_steak.jpg

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I get and understand everything you are saying and agree with most of it but it seems you have forgotten one major thing...

Lone is from Canada and bike prices are MUCH higher up there, I just got off Canada's Craigslist and the price of 5,000 for a good condition sv650 seems to be legit. Take a look at their Craigslist and just search for Suzuki in the for sale section and you will see.

Blue book varies by region and our off-season is coming up. Lowballers start coming out of the woodwork around now. Edmonton is not Vancouver or Toronto. Prices are lower there. It's closer to an American market there. I have been selling SOMEONE else's bike and dealing with nothing but lowballers. It gets annoying after a while.

if you actually want to sell your bike cause you need the money, you'll swallow your pride and take my advice.

It's not my bike. $5,000 is the number he wants. You say you wont come back and read this but you didn't even read the first post.

I think you just really wanted to say something, even if it was somewhat irrelevant. :p

Lol jk And I'm not going to hold it against you. Everyone is wrong sometimes.

Double double post! Weeeee

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tend to buy new things and use them until they fall apart, so I have only one experience with a low-baller; but its a doozie, and to this day makes me smile, so here 'tis:

I left Grand Forks ND in 1995, putting my house on the market for (iirc) $110,000. The first offer I got was for $75,000! I laughed at the realtor and said no. Two days later, I got a counter-offer from the same jerk: $75,500. Again, I said no. Two days later, $76,000. :disapprove:

Fortunately another buyer appeared, and he offered me the more customary "below Asking but reasonable" offer. Unfortunately, ND real estate law at that time required me to go back to the original bidder before accepting this offer, and he offered my full asking price, which again by law I had to accept. I didn't want to; I hate jerks.

Sale was completed in January. The spring of 1996 saw the Great Flood of North Dakota/Minnesota, where half of Fargo and most of Grand Forks, including my former house, were destroyed! I know the new owner didn't have flood insurance, as I'd tried to buy some and couldn't because I didn't live in the "flood plain". The border to the flood plain was the street I lived on, I just lived on the wrong side of the street!

He probably got some assistance from FEMA, but he lost the house. And sorry, but it just makes me.... makes me....

:BLAA: :BLAA: :BLAA: :BLAA: :BLAA: :BLAA: :BLAA: :BLAA: :BLAA: :BLAA:

:D

sloring

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I tend to buy new things and use them until they fall apart, so I have only one experience with a low-baller; but its a doozie, and to this day makes me smile, so here 'tis:

I left Grand Forks ND in 1995, putting my house on the market for (iirc) $110,000. The first offer I got was for $75,000! I laughed at the realtor and said no. Two days later, I got a counter-offer from the same jerk: $75,500. Again, I said no. Two days later, $76,000. :disapprove:

Fortunately another buyer appeared, and he offered me the more customary "below Asking but reasonable" offer. Unfortunately, ND real estate law at that time required me to go back to the original bidder before accepting this offer, and he offered my full asking price, which again by law I had to accept. I didn't want to; I hate jerks.

Sale was completed in January. The spring of 1996 saw the Great Flood of North Dakota/Minnesota, where half of Fargo and most of Grand Forks, including my former house, were destroyed! I know the new owner didn't have flood insurance, as I'd tried to buy some and couldn't because I didn't live in the "flood plain". The border to the flood plain was the street I lived on, I just lived on the wrong side of the street!

He probably got some assistance from FEMA, but he lost the house. And sorry, but it just makes me.... makes me....

karma is a bitch becareful.

doesn't make sense that you can't buy flood insurance because you're don't live in the flood plain. better check your story, because you can!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wow you're evil.

haha

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same issue when I sold my 04 FJR (original owner).

I wanted about 2k above the book value however it was indeed cherry, about 8,000 miles, garaged, literally newer looking than a showroom bike...

Got lots of low ball offers with the low baller NOT EVEN SEEING THE BIKE...

Got the scam e-mails too. I had one guy insulting me (on-line) it'll never sell, get real, etc, WTF???). If he doesn't want it, go elsewhere!!

I eventually got very close (within $100, with a bunch of farkles) to my price, way above book value. The new owner, is VERY HAPPY with the deal and did much shopping about looking at FJR's 5-6 years newer than mine in not half the shape. I too was pretty set on my price and would keep it before I "gave it away"..

You get what you pay for...

Last edited: