Head steering replaced

2005fz62020

Reaction score
Visit site
Replaced my head steering bearing ( thanks to the great article in How to) and just want to confirm something before I tighten everything up. Are these gaps ok? Any chance one of you could check on your bike as I’m not getting much from internet searches? I just want to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Thank you Bike is 2005

Attachments

• IMG_1410.jpeg
    IMG_1410.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1411.jpeg
    IMG_1411.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just looked at my '07, never been apart.

The top, I just see the lock nut, the bottom on mine looks a knats hair closer than yours.

As long as you have the races fully in (you can hear it), you should be good to go.
Follow the manual just to make sure.

If you need a shop manual, PM me with an address and if an S2 and I'll send it to you..

2005fz62020

Reaction score
Visit site
Appreciate it. Manual doesn’t really show the gap, I put everything back the way it was but didn’t think of looking/measuring the gaps before I took it apart. I’m using all balls bearings here.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Appreciate it. Manual doesn’t really show the gap, I put everything back the way it was but didn’t think of looking/measuring the gaps before I took it apart. I’m using all balls bearings here.
The most import part is that, when you drove the races into the frame, they seated all the way down against the ledge that acts as a stop. When correctly driven in, there should be no gap between the bottom of the race and the ledge it sits on.

2005fz62020

Reaction score
Visit site
The most import part is that, when you drove the races into the frame, they seated all the way down against the ledge that acts as a stop. When correctly driven in, there should be no gap between the bottom of the race and the ledge it sits on.
Correct. No space there, only space I have is when everything is back together but since these parts turn left right they can’t be touching each other. Would one of you be kind enough and post pictures of the same 2 spots I posted, just to put my mind at ease. I never see any fazers around my way. Thank you