head straight into gravel trap

chnordiste

Reaction score
Visit site
The lack of concentration is unforgivable in wet conditions.
It was my 28th lap (we were only 4 riders so it was "open track", no limited round), The fatigue began to be felt, my finger started to freez (4°C this rainy sunday), just missed my braking mark, forcing me to brake harder.
My front tire did not agree with that.... In such moment gravels are good friends :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9xPy6nHfTM]Carole6Dec blocage - YouTube[/ame]

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
forgive me but, why a rider goes in to racing way when weather is wet and so cold?

Also, you saved fine BTW. If you were forced to turn that corner, something bad would be happen.

Ride safe and please consider your hand's health, too. cold is not a good thing for body joints.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Q

RESPECT!!! Love the 6-second mark where you can see the front about to tuck.. good job keeping the rubber side down!

As much as I love track riding, I have no interest in doing it in the cold.. not to mention combined with wet conditions.

chnordiste

Reaction score
Visit site
thx !

I like riding this track in winter 'cause there is few riders during "free access" week end. We ride around 150km in the afternoon contrary to 30km in the summer (15 lap).

And wet condition is a good way to improve riding smoothness. But I agree it's not wise to do it with road tires (bridgestone Bt016 for me). I look forward to aquire a set of wet tire for 2015. But in order to use it, I also need to find 2 complete wheels.

a video of what a "wet" lap looks like when I stay focus.
around 1mn32 the lap in the wet. 1mn 13 in dry conditions

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R58NZjJxRiw&list=UUtN7USUAKl4VME1HmUPsrCQ[/ame]

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
thx !

I like riding this track in winter 'cause there is few riders during "free access" week end. We ride around 150km in the afternoon contrary to 30km in the summer (15 lap).

And wet condition is a good way to improve riding smoothness. But I agree it's not wise to do it with road tires (bridgestone Bt016 for me). I look forward to aquire a set of wet tire for 2015. But in order to use it, I also need to find 2 complete wheels.

a video of what a "wet" lap looks like when I stay focus.
around 1mn32 the lap in the wet. 1mn 13 in dry conditions

CaroleWet - YouTube

I can see it definitely helps with your smoothness coming out of turns. In the dry, you can really get on the throttle with a substantial lean angle. But if you do that in the wet you'll find yourself on the ground. :thumbup:

GhengisT

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
We don't get much rain here where I live, so I take advantage of riding in it every chance I get - it's really the best way to learn your limits. Very nice save, and good use of judgement.

If I may critique a bit here - I didn't hear any downshift prior to deceleration (perhaps a single gear?). It's important to take advantage of the additional traction offered by the larger rear tire when braking in wet conditions. You'll lose a ton of speed dropping it a couple gears, and with gentle front brake applied to simply "clean" the rotors of moisture and put some heat into them prior to entering the corner. At this point you should be slowed enough to have a finger or two on the brake as you ease back into the throttle to complete your turn.

More dangerously enough is losing some of the front while leaned over because you had to apply too much (front) brake mid-corner. Ask me how I know :Im With Stupid: