Headlight LED Replacement options

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Same response as the rear light, reflector not designed for it, so not a great idea.

Best bet is to buy a good quality bulb.

I use the Osram Night racer plus, a lot brighter than stock but shorter life.
Just try a few, everybody has their favourite brand or model of bulbs!

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site
Same response as the rear light, reflector not designed for it, so not a great idea.

Best bet is to buy a good quality bulb.

I use the Osram Night racer plus, a lot brighter than stock but shorter life.
Just try a few, everybody has their favourite brand or model of bulbs!

That's what I thought. Thx for confirming.

I did tcmalkers dual headlight mod, so I really need decent headlight bulbs for the front lights.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Just try some Osram night racers, or the night breaker, or the Philips X-Treme Vision, or any high performance bulb.

Any of those will be a lot brighter than the stock ones. There really is no point asking which one is best as every one on the forum will give you a different answer.
Just try them and see which one you like best.

Personally i use the Night Racer plus, and i like it, it is very bright and has a very white light.

It is really worth upgrading all your bulbs to decent ones, as the stock ones are all pretty crap, I was amazed how much brighter my turn signals, brake light and headlight were after i used good quality bulbs in them.

If that is still not good enough for you you can get an HID kit, but that is a lot more faffing around and a lot more expensive.

Last edited:

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
You could always do a projector HID install, there are tons of threads on here about it if you search for them and they seem to be the best for max light output, they can also make the front of the bike look nicer depending on what you do with the stock reflector and such as it wouldn't be needed anymore.

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the last - it is not the hardest mod, but makes such a difference at night.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Another vote for the projector retrofit. Makes the bike an absolute joy to drive at night, with better light output than most cars. Not to mention it looks sweet when you pull up to a store and see your reflection in the glass :)