Heat!!! (Cooling upgrades?)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can remove the t-stat from the rear of the cylinder W/O removing anything else.

It is tight but do-able (I just changed mine when it last got cold)..

Be forewarned, for whatever reason, Yamaha RED LOCTITED them it. So the two bolts were near breaking at many times in the 2.5 hours it took (easily 3 x's what it should have took). I was able to use a heat gun to help rid the loctite on the closest bolt...

Last edited:

jawad242

Reaction score
Visit site
You can remove the t-stat from the rear of the cylinder W/O removing anything else.

It is tight but do-able (I just changed mine when it last got cold)..

Be forewarned, for whatever reason, Yamaha RED LOCTITED them it. So the two bolts were near breaking at many times in the 2.5 hours it took (easily 3 x's what it should have took). I was able to use a heat gun to help rid the loctite on the closest bolt...

Pulling the thermostat now, didn’t struggle at all getting the cover off, but for whatever reason I can’t just pull the thermostat out? Am I missing something?

jawad242

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, just a seal around the t-stat sealing it to the block..

Just pop it out gently with a screw driver..
Got it off... got everything back in one piece. Went on a quick highway cruise, the bike is cruising around 180-190 now. I can watch the temps very slowly rise to around 190, then go back down to about 184ish, before very slowly rising again. I guess I'll chalk the high temps up to this Texas heat... Thank you!!