Held USA closes

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Sheesh. Another quality gear maker exits the USA market. Held's USA distributor is closing. motorcyclegear.com and other USA online retailers are having closeout sales. They make excellent gloves IMO. Two of the three pairs of gloves I rotate through during the year are Held. Hope someone else picks up the business.

Held USA Glove Liquidation Sale

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It's probably my fault. Every time, every SINGLE time, I try a bunch of different brands and decide on the one I like (whether it be cheese, gloves, underwear, shirts, cars, magazines), it is then discontinued, changed, redesigned, or cancelled.
Argh!!!

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
It's probably my fault. Every time, every SINGLE time, I try a bunch of different brands and decide on the one I like (whether it be cheese, gloves, underwear, shirts, cars, magazines), it is then discontinued, changed, redesigned, or cancelled.
Argh!!!

Haha. I can sympathize. I've been known to buy spares when I find something perfect. Just don't buy any Spidi gear, please -- I've got a couple pieces by them that fit j-u-s-t right. I can't afford duplicates of that stuff and don't want them to go away. ;-)

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Held is a German brand so there will be the option to buy from a non-USA dealer if no one picks up the USA import business. A quick check shows prices are competitive in the UK, but shipping costs might stink.

They're a great brand with all those numerical sizes to ensure a proper fit. I'm sure they'll be back.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at their closeout on suits. Is AGV a good brand for leather suits? I was looking at the two piece because well it's in my price range and can use at the track.

Any advice by someone who has used their products would be great.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Held is a German brand ......,.,, They're a great brand with all those numerical sizes to ensure a proper fit. I'm sure they'll be back.

i am riding in Motorrad gloves for the same reason no S,M,L, XL
its only about 6-7 sizes in the numbered system but thats fine and then there are the womens too and i have had goat and kangaroo combinations that are so supple

have to spend a bit more but my last "L" pair of cowhide gloves are falling apart after a year, and they leak past the membrane, the fingers are a bit long but across the palm they are perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at their closeout on suits. Is AGV a good brand for leather suits? I was looking at the two piece because well it's in my price range and can use at the track.

Any advice by someone who has used their products would be great.

I have an old AGV 2 piece I bought off of craigslist - it holds up fine and fits nicely. AGV is an Italian company and I think they're actually owned by Dianese, so quality is nice, just not the top of the line stuff you'd get from Dianese. I'll be buying a pair of the AGV Sport Willow pants (my 2 piece was made for a man with my torso but legs twice as thick, also it's white so white leather pants tend to look strange when you're walking around not on the bike) -

I like the brand - it's better quality than Bilt or one of the blatantly low quality ones, but for a good price.