Hello from a new member

alexfabian

Reaction score
Visit site
Good evening guys and gals! I recently bought a FZ6 and I am just taking this opportunity to introduce myself. This is my ride below and after buying the bike it developed a electrical fault which had me going round in circles. Now it's fixed I cannot wait to put some miles on her riding two and from work and also some casual days out.

If you guys can recommend and must do mods etc I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Happy Riding!

image.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and congrates on the bike!

Some folks have been looking mirrors like yours to convert to...

Mods; aftermarket exhaust. Steble air horn. Polish up the header for a bunch of cheap "bling"

Keep you chain adjusted clean, lubed and adjusted per the manual, approx 2" TOTAL UP and down on the CC (the FZ has a much looser chain setting than most bikes)

alexfabian

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah ok I didn't realise the mirrors were aftermarket.... They aren't great for visibility but I guess they look ok.
I've been looking at some YouTube videos of the Leo Vince exhaust system which sounds AMAZING

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah ok I didn't realise the mirrors were aftermarket.... They aren't great for visibility but I guess they look ok.
I've been looking at some YouTube videos of the Leo Vince exhaust system which sounds AMAZING

Those mirrors may be stock, with your version.

I know a member turned his bike naked (as has many others) and options for standard mirrors (like yours) were a show stopper...

These are SS Scorpions (open) and the header polished up (NO SANDING)...

Completely different bike with these pipes on the bike as it doesn't sound like a sewing machine anymore...

Double click to enlarge.

This link is my bike, in the garage, showing charging voltages, etc, from cold start, but you can get an idea how much deeper the exhaust is ; https://www.flickr.com/photos/127092600@N08/

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Those mirrors may be stock, with your version.

I know a member turned his bike naked (as has many others) and options for standard mirrors (like yours) were a show stopper...

These are SS Scorpions (open) and the header polished up (NO SANDING)...

Completely different bike with these pipes on the bike as it doesn't sound like a sewing machine anymore...

Double click to enlarge.

This link is my bike, in the garage, showing charging voltages, etc, from cold start, but you can get an idea how much deeper the exhaust is ; https://www.flickr.com/photos/127092600@N08/

Hey Scott, I know you'll come with those SSS ;)
BTW, the mirrors looks really after-market, not from Yamaha.
Anyway, I'm upgrading/replacing to handlebar mounted mirrors, even though I have the S2 fairings, which come from FZ09, will update the page very soon.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
BTW, the mirrors looks really after-market, not from Yamaha.
Anyway, I'm upgrading/replacing to handlebar mounted mirrors, even though I have the S2 fairings, which come from FZ09, will update the page very soon.

Ok, I forgot who was having issues with finding "standard" handlebar mirrors...

Back to Alex's welcome!

alexfabian

Reaction score
Visit site
Very impressive header pipes Scott!!! I imagine a lot of hours went into polishing those, not sure I would be able to maintain the same standard with using it every day in British weather......

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Happy Motorcycling