Hello from Sydney, Australia

SteveL

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I bought a 2004 FZ6 with 20,000km on the clock and I've been reading up on this forum since then.

I haven't done any mods yet but plan to do Bikerdude's dual headlight mod and install a louder horn - so I can be seen and heard.

My previous bikes were a ZX6 (great fun but not very comfy on a long ride), a ZZR250 and a gutless GN250 way back in the day.

So far I'm loving the bike, and this site - it's full of useful information.

See you around,
Steve

Hi SteveL, welcome to the forum, congratulations on your buy :thumbup:

I must admit I think Sydney is a great city, been once but loved every minute of it, and the blue mountains aren't too far away for those days out riding

I'm sure you'll find most of the stuff you're looking for here, don't forget to post lots, especially pictures during the winter months here in the Northern hemisphere, it'll give us something to look forward to.:thumbup:

Welcome Steve, another Aussie... cool.

I found this site a few weeks ago, a smorgasboard of info here, great site.
I don't plan on lots of mods, but a "Two Brothers" exhaust would be nice. My mate at work wants me to put a turbo on my '05 model, sounds like a good idea, but think it's a bit of overkill. The stock bike is like a rocket, I love it.

:)

G'day mate,welcome & enjoy the new bike :thumbup:

Where you at ?:cool:I'm out Campbelltown way

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm based in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, which is a great place to live but a bit of a pain when it comes to nice day rides - it's about an hour in most directions til you hit the fun roads.

Blue Mountains is definitely a great day ride. Some other nice ones close to Sydney are Wiseman's Ferry (up the old Pacific Highway through the winding bush roads, along the Hawkesbury River then back via Galston Gorge) and the Royal National Park ($11 entry for cars, free for bikes!).

see you all around, I'm sure I'll be back with lots of How-To questions.

Steve

Back