Helmets

appollo

Reaction score
Visit site
looking at buying a new lid been thinking of the nolan n102 flip up it has a nice option for the bluetooth comms.

anyone used any of these or have any thoughts?

Mate of mine is using his blueant blue tooth headset with a CL14 without issues. I would be looking for a better bluetooth headset to suit your choice in helmet rather than the other way around.

For instance you don't want an uncomfortable or mis-fitting helmet just so the blue tooth is easily fitted/used.

Last edited:
have a very sore head from trying on so many helmets im left with the nolan n102 and the ogx ff5 both felt very comfortable although the ff5 was lighter aswell.

research time :)

I love my HJC Carbon AC12....light as a feather, great fit for my head, removal lining, decent vents, and well made...looks awesome too! Great price for a full Carbon Fibre helmet too, under $700.
View attachment 16810

I also have an R-jats GP1 helmet...a lot cheaper, about $250, and it's also a reat helmet....bit heavy though.
View attachment 16809

But i say get what fits & feels best...and is in your price range...

I must admit i have looked at the flip up helmets...like the communication options...especially for touring.

:thumbup:

Now again these are only my concerns and ideas.

I believe that flip up helmets are more likely to allow temple damage. Yes they are cool, but they are not as protective and none of them are race spec approved. A solid shell is stronger and more likely to protect in the event its needed.

I highly reccomened a full face helmet in BSI or ECE spec. DOT is a bit of a joke, (I promise my helmet will pass. Oh ok great heres a sticker) Snell is awesome, but it can be considered a little to hard for over 90% percent of the real world impacts.

Shark has just done outstanding in the SHARP testing. Maybe you would like one of those?

yeah i think im convinced away from the flip sorta leaving the ogx FF5 i tried more than 10 different helmets and those two felt noticbly better than the others atleast in my price range :).

at least in my case though there was a noticble difference between the cheap and midrange helmets so definately a worhwhile excercise.

wolfman any other shops i should check out just did the maximoto, yamworld and honda (sth road crawl) lol

Back