Need Help Help, finna launch bike across parking lot

Bronxman968

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought an 2008 FZ6 and have not been able to start it but once. No immediate codes are thrown and I checked the past codes being 12,30, and 43. I have gone through the diagnostic codes and made sure the past ones were cleared. That being said, the fuel pump will not prime and the bike will start with starter fluid for about 5 seconds and slowly idle dead. The check engine light only comes on when trying to be started. A knocking can be heard when it starts so I won’t be trying it again soon. Been trying for about 5 days and would like to try and fix it before taking it to a shop. Thanks I’m advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If the fuel pump doesn’t wake up when the key is turned to the on position, then the fuel pump is bad, there is trouble somewhere in the harness, or the fuel pump relay needs to be replaced.

Do you have a multimeter? Check for voltage at the fuel pump connection when the key is turned on. Report back.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
error 12 is the CPS and clearing it wont fix the issue, the bike might start and run from cold but once hot and you turn off it wont start again until its cooled. I'd not want to try riding in case th motor shuts down while on the road with a CPS thats a bit iffy

Bronxman968

Reaction score
Visit site
If the fuel pump doesn’t wake up when the key is turned to the on position, then the fuel pump is bad, there is trouble somewhere in the harness, or the fuel pump relay needs to be replaced.

Do you have a multimeter? Check for voltage at the fuel pump connection when the key is turned on. Report back.
Will check tm. Do you know what they’re usually supposed to read?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's bus voltage...so if the battery is only at 11.5vdc...then that's what you should see at the fuel pump connector. Of course, if the bus voltage is below 12.6vdc, you have a low battery.