Her name is Autumn.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a great colour, we see it here on the Ford Focus ST, I believe in the UK they call it "ASBO Orange" :)

That new front end is a huge improvement over the twin round lights and the frame/forks/engine really set it apart. Stunning!

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last Friday I was at the Andrews motorcycle safety day and ended up winning a 2nd place ribbon in the other category in a small show that came up during the day. I lost to a sweet franken-Harley bobber.

You can see my bike at the very beginning of the video.
Air Force Video Player

MagicMANX

Reaction score
Visit site
amazing job my friend, the paint is simply stunning!

I'm curious oh why so much rust on your breaks and rear sprocket, a day ride in the rain will cause this??

Regards and keep it up, she's all about riding now ;)

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The brake rotors always rust when it's parked in the rain, it scrubs right off the next time I use the brake. The rear sprocket doesn't rust, but the chain does when I go too long between cleanings.

going going.....gone

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey loving the colour only one thing letting it down for me the wheels. My eye is drawn to the frame after the assault on my eyes from the orange but then to the black wheels paint them (as you did a fab job on the frame - might have a go one day myself hehe I'll mess it up tho I'm sure). But not to criticise a fantastic looking job.

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Note to self:

21,000 miles is a little too long to go on the stock air filter and original chain. It was running a little rough, shifting badly, vibrating my hands numb and getting 30 mpg, but now it's all gone after putting in an EK X-ring chain and a new oil type filter. (nobody stocked the paper ones)

Also, it was fun cutting the stock chain off with a sawzall. :D

I photoshopped the wheels bronze colored before I started the work, and it looked too flat with everything matching. I would like to polish the lips, but mounting tires is the one thing I'm not eqipped to do.

Last edited:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon: SIK AS HELL
BUT do us all a huge favor, get some frame sliders and paint them the same color as the frame :thumbup: