Hi all new member here

howard.77

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody hoping to find a few answers to a few things,that to be honest idont have a clue about.Brought a fazer in november but had it delivered because as yet need to buy pants ,jacket and lid,
as my old ones do not fit (havent been on a bike since about 2008) at the mo im practising putting on centre stand and getting on and off,as im a shortish,and not so strong fellow.
the bike is a keep fit prodject as followng illness need a good reason to get more mobile, and as a bike fan since the late 1950s it should help me get out of bed in the mornings.

Best wishes to everyone Howard

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! You will find a small but very friendly, and incredibly helpful, group here. The forum search function should also yield a chockful of resources as well. By all means, make sure you have appropriate protective gear, and maybe either find a parking lot to do some practice, or find a training course to reacquaint yourself with being on a bike. The FZR600 is a great all-round bike, capable of many different roles, and it should serve you well.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. And welcome back to motorcycling. I agree, a rider skill class is always a good idea.

The trick to using the center stand is to use your arms less, and your legs more. Put as much of your weight as possible on the foot lever while you steady the bike with your left hand, and pull up (moderately) on the handle with your right. Momentum is your friend, try to do it in one motion.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to our great forum Howard! Checked out the area you live in. Beautiful!
As said, you'll find some helpful members here and I believe we have a great collective of experience as riders and technicians.

That's BoBo over there in the corner. He doesn't say much but he sure likes his ale and peanuts.

howard.77

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,many thanks for all the helpful advice carpark practise and a training day is good advice i will heed though not planning on a road session till
probably april time
One of my first probs will be turning to a live road 60mph on a fairly blind bend (about 60 yards vision) in my car i allways turn off blower fan,and radio,wind down the window
and listen hard...............then boot it,but impossible to hear oncoming traffic wearing a crash helmet, ive three not very good options,1 get the missus to stand on the other side of the road,
and wave me on,2 there is a turning opposite (i could belt across at full speed) or a tight turn left from my drive to a narrow path that ends in 60 yards to a turning,and take off from there.
Drawback being ,an old fart weakling turning a bike tight on a gravel drive.

Deffo need some confidence

cheers Howard

howard.77

Reaction score
Visit site
Very sorry mucked that up instead of posting the Matchles put all the pics on that site,Black and white 750 Norton Atlas ex wife
my Exup, and first model R1.

Howard
Ps then move from Luton to lincs to become very very ill

gbose

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,many thanks for all the helpful advice carpark practise and a training day is good advice i will heed though not planning on a road session till
probably april time
One of my first probs will be turning to a live road 60mph on a fairly blind bend (about 60 yards vision) in my car i allways turn off blower fan,and radio,wind down the window
and listen hard...............then boot it,but impossible to hear oncoming traffic wearing a crash helmet, ive three not very good options,1 get the missus to stand on the other side of the road,
and wave me on,2 there is a turning opposite (i could belt across at full speed) or a tight turn left from my drive to a narrow path that ends in 60 yards to a turning,and take off from there.
Drawback being ,an old fart weakling turning a bike tight on a gravel drive.

Deffo need some confidence

cheers Howard
You're not alone. I'm ultra-cautious doing ANYTHING on gravel. Nasty stuff!