Hi and very excited

jhgolf

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, I stumbled across the forum and pleased I did.
I am excited because I am collecting my FZ6 on Tuesday but also a bit apprehensive as I am coming back to bikes and do not want to look like an idiot when I 1st ride it!

J

jsteinb95

:welcome: You have found the greatest FZ6 forum on the web! Enjoy. :thumbup:

Post some pics when you get your bike!

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
A very warm :welcome:

What ever the info you need just use the search button :thumbup:
Only two sleeps to go and the candy will arrive :cheer:

jhgolf

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you. I have even been looking to see what the weather forecast will be, it says sunny for the day. I do hope so. Great part is, I haven't got to go to work on tues so will be riding around for ages!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and congrats!

How long have you been away from bikes? I was away for 14 years and got he FZ6 as my return to the biking world. No regrets!!! I'm on my second one now!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum, take it easy on your new bike :thumbup:
where abouts in lincolnshire are you from? I lived about three years in Market Rasen.

W

wrightme43

Welcome Welcome, I hope you enjoy your bike as much as I do mine.

22,200 miles since april of 07

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum!
Wear all your gear and ride safe!

Don't be a :squid:!

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to have you on the forum and don't worry if you haven't ridden in a while. It will all come back to you. It's just like riding....ummm.....well.......a bike!:cheer::rockon:

jhgolf

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in Sleaford but know Market Rasen very well. I have been away from bikes for about 7 years. I had a go on a friend of mines bike around the yard at work a few times and thought, why did I stop. So went out and bought the FZ and the helmet, gloves, boots, jacket and trousers! I find it crazy when you see someone on a bike with just a t shirt on, I have no intention of getting gravel rash. Also booked myself in for some training. Some people may say I am going over the top but I want to enjoy my bike not end up as a statistic!

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: enjoy the forum and your new bike.
Dont forget post some pics and then get out there and enjoy it. :thumbup::thumbup:

MarkyG57

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi and welcome:welcome:

When your up and running, do please consider a Bike Safe course, to help you on the straight and narrow;)

Bikesafe - Motorcycle Rider Safety and follow the link on the right side of the page to your Police Force area and enjoy.

Regards

Mark

Ps, glad to have you with the Forum:rockon:

I think were all excited about our FZ6's

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi and welcome:welcome:

When your up and running, do please consider a Bike Safe course, to help you on the straight and narrow;)

Bikesafe - Motorcycle Rider Safety and follow the link on the right side of the page to your Police Force area and enjoy.

Regards

Mark

Ps, glad to have you with the Forum:rockon:

I think were all excited about our FZ6's

+1 on that I did mine wth Herts Police and found it worthwhile even if some of the officer's lines had me thinking no way.

Reading roadcraft now before I sign up with IAM.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi and welcome you yellow belly...I am an ex Humbersider.

Just take it easy and try and keep it below 7000rpm until you get used to it.

Up to 7000 it is a nice little touring bike. After 7000 it is like ØØØØ off a shovel.

Get some sliders fitted as soon as possible because even if you drop it while stationary they can save you pounds.

Do a search on here for sliders and you will get lots of info.

Steve

jhgolf

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on that I did mine wth Herts Police and found it worthwhile even if some of the officer's lines had me thinking no way.

Reading roadcraft now before I sign up with IAM.

Roadcraft and vehicles with four wheels, I could bore you rigid. Swallowed the book and teach it for a living. I am looking at applying the same principles with riding my bike when I get it tomorrow. I could be very wrong but...... I do hope not. :Flash:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am in Sleaford but know Market Rasen very well.

My dad worked at Cranwell for a while, and my uncle lived in Tatershall for many years. I don't know the area well but passed through quite frequently.

I have been away from bikes for about 7 years. I had a go on a friend of mines bike around the yard at work a few times and thought, why did I stop. So went out and bought the FZ and the helmet, gloves, boots, jacket and trousers! I find it crazy when you see someone on a bike with just a t shirt on, I have no intention of getting gravel rash. Also booked myself in for some training. Some people may say I am going over the top but I want to enjoy my bike not end up as a statistic!

You may have been away from riding for 7 years but you still remember the most important things :thumbup:.
I too think it's crazy when I see squids wearing T-shirts and shorts on the bike:disapprove:
Have fun but take it easy in the begining.