How many miles?

Valles240

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at bikes, and there is a really clean red 07' fz6 for $4,997 or something like that. But it has 12,2XX miles on it. Now i know i can walk away with this for 4k maybe a little more (cash in hand talks;)), but this got me to thinking, how many miles is a lot on a bike? I mean, 12k seems like a lot on an 07, but i guess if he daily drove it that makes sense. Well let me know what you guys got, and if you bought used, then let me know how many miles you bought it with. Because i have been looking for very low mileage, and if it is higher i really just want to make sure that it had all the proper break in/fluid changes when recommended...

That's what the FX6 does. Keep on going mile after mile. In Holland 100000 miles on a FZ6 are well known.

My bike is a clean red '07 as well (august '07). And we are well over 12000 miles as well and just starting.

There's a tread with the mileages on this forum as well. Have a look over there and see for your selves.

Good luck with "your" red one

If it's clean and hasn't been dropped I would say that's a reasonable price and mileage isn't out of the question. I have put 1K on mine in a month easy and it's not a daily driver. Asking price is right at the bank loan value (at least my bank) for the bike (4800). If it looks good and it's got your eye, go for it. I would certainly hope that 12K isn't high mileage.....I'm counting on considerably more than that.

That is good to know. I have my eye on this one because of the price, and i figured if it has 12k mi on it i will be able to steal it from him for considerably less than he is asking. The only thing is i like the blue a lot more, but red is nice as well. I have given an offer on another red 07 with about 6k mi on it, but he has two bros exhaust as well, so i hope i can get that for right around 5, probably less...

Back