How to fit Yamaha 2:1 Upgrade Alarm

FZ6S2-Gixer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

Just joined and need to see if anyone knows where the 2 connectors are located on the bike before I go to town stripping it down to find them ?

I know it's only 2 plugs and sorting out the seat switch and LED location but want to see if anyone has the knoweldge on the location of the wiring loom connectors for it and also, any suggestions for the location of the actual unit as under sthe seat is a bit obviuos.

This is a std Yamaha upgrade, the alarm is a datatool S3 by the looks of it.

Fitting to a naked FZ6S2 2008.

Cheers

Ian

Well, I'm not sure what you're saying but, the deep slot on the left side under the seat seems ideal if the device is narrow...even though it's under the seat. What wires are you trying to tap into? Your turn/tail/brake/license wires are all under the left cover (if the '07 fared model is the same as '08 naked version).

Hi all,

Looks like my last post did not work out.

Took the left cover off ( as you sit on bike) and there were the 2 plugs waiting to connect to the ones on the alarm upgrade yippeee.

Have temp located the alarm in exactly that location under the seat but think it needs to go under the tanke really, so will take some advice on typical install locations and how do you stiuck an alarm module to the tank and make it stay there.

All up and running, now feel safe, not.

Cheers

Ian

Hi all,

Looks like my last post did not work out.

Took the left cover off ( as you sit on bike) and there were the 2 plugs waiting to connect to the ones on the alarm upgrade yippeee.

Have temp located the alarm in exactly that location under the seat but think it needs to go under the tanke auto body part really, so will take some advice on typical install locations and how do you stiuck an alarm module to the tank and make it stay there.

All up and running, now feel safe, not.

Cheers

Ian

Good for you bro... How come you still don't feel safe with your bike??

Back