How to mount swing arm bobbins?

gentlemanjim

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought some swing arm bobbins for my paddock stand and discovered there isn't any mounting boss on the swing arm. I've noticed some pics of FZ6's with the bobbins. I'd like to know how to mount them.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The above will only work with an S1 swing arm

. The S2 end is welded off (for the adjuster).

If an S2, you could always pull the swing arm and have some nuts TIG welded to the swing arm (underneath would look the cleanest).

Last edited:

Soupnutz

Reaction score
Visit site
When I was looking to install some on my last bike (never did), but there were two main options. drill and tap the swing arm yourself, or there was an item that I can't remember the specific name. But you drill all the way through the swingarm, there was a threaded anchor-nut bushing that you inserted into the inboard side, and the spool screwed into that. No welding or anything required.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I was looking to install some on my last bike (never did), but there were two main options. drill and tap the swing arm yourself, or there was an item that I can't remember the specific name. But you drill all the way through the swingarm, there was a threaded anchor-nut bushing that you inserted into the inboard side, and the spool screwed into that. No welding or anything required.

Probably a "riv-nut". Seen em on TV (the car shows), slick tool...

Your source for Rivnut® engineered fasteners and installation tools - Cardinal Components

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
PS - they also call theme PEM NUTS. Perhaps look on McMaster Carr for the install tool.

On a friend's bike I found some thick wall aluminum tubing and drilled through the S/A. On the outside, the hole size was the bolt size. On the inside the hole wold allow the tubing to slip in.
Basically cut the tubing so it's flush once inserted into S/A and now it won't crush the s/A or ever come loose.
Insert your bobbin and you're done.

Or forget the bobbin and use L brackets on your stand to cradle the S/A.

Last edited: