How to Scam a Scammer

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
This is from a Craig's list add for an 01 GoldWing, pictures of it were in the add and the thing was really nice, new it was a scam going in but decided to play along just to see what would happen, this is the result so far:D
Read from the bottom up as this is the way it copied from the email and I'm to lazy to fix it:Flash:
Jerry

Hi Kristina;
I'll tell you what, the price is so low on this GoldWing that I can afford to fly to Helena and look at it in person so let me know the exact address that it is located at and I will fly there tomorrow. Also send me your bank info and after I have looked the bike over in person I will wire transfer the funds directly to your account. Let me know, thanks.

Regards
Jerry

Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 5:12 PM
To: Jerry Blake
Subject: RE: 2001 Goldwing

The price of bike $2,850.00 includes all the shipping costs and handling.
The bike is located in Helena,MT at a shipping and storage company. The sale will be managed through eBay under their Vehicle
Purchase Protection Program since they offer the highest rate of
safety and reliability during online transactions.Here is how it works :
- you give me your full name , shipping address and FAX number
- I start a transaction with eBay,
- they send you the payment instructions by FAX and email,
- you send the money into eBay trust account,
- they confirm me that the payment was received,
- I ship the bike,
- you receive the bike in 3 days,
- they send me the money.

The payment type will be establish by eBay after start the transaction. They will hold the money until the bike is delivered to you, with properly executed title. You have 5 days for the inspection period. If the bike is not like described you will have to ship it back in 30 business days on my expense, but I am sure that you will love it.

In order to move forward I will need the following info from you so I can set up a new transaction case through eBay:
1. full name
2. shipping address
3. FAX number
----- Original Message -----
Sent: 06/30/10 06:18 PM
To: Kristina Stewart
Subject: RE: 2001 Goldwing

Hi Kristian;
Thanks for the quick reply. Would it be possible to look at the bike? I want to take my mechanic with me to check it out in person and just make sure it is good to go mechanically. Let me know, thanks.

Regards
Jerry

Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:53 AM
To: Jerry Blake
Subject: Re: 2001 Goldwing

The price for this bike is: $2850
I want to tell you that I am not selling this bike for profit or due a lack of money. All I can say is that some recent events in my life made me change my perception of certain things, things that I’ve considered important in the past. I will donate all money to charity after I sell this bike. I am currently on a trip for UNICEF.
The bike has a clear title, is in an excellent condition, no dents or scratches. The motor runs very well. I don’t want to offend you but the bike is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply.
The transaction will be made through eBay company for the safety of both. I’ve already included the bike into eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection, so I will sell only through this.
If you want to buy the bike, and you agree with my terms please reply so I can give you a detailed description of the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection.

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you,
----- Original Message -----
Sent: 06/29/10 01:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 2001 Goldwing

Hi Kristina;
Whats the deal with this, is it for real or what, seems to good to be true. Let me know, thanks.

Regards
Jerry

Skeebo

Reaction score
Visit site
Although I like that you're screwing with this obvious P.O.S. scammer, I don't see how you're scamming him... Is it just that you're wasting his time?

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll tell you what, the price is so low on this GoldWing that I can afford to fly to Helena and look at it in person so let me know the exact address that it is located at and I will fly there tomorrow. Also send me your bank info and after I have looked the bike over in person I will wire transfer the funds directly to your account.

Don't forget to offer to send her a cashier's check for double the amount and all she has to do is deposit in her account and send you the balance back.... since you're a Nigerian Prince and don't have a bank here (no offense to any Nigerians on the forum). :BLAA:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, isn't there some way you can inconvienience her some more or get the person in trouble with District Attorney or something? I luv this, I mean, return fire attitude and maybe even reverse the tables!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I am not too familiar with Craig's List, but isn't there some way to report obvious fraud posting on the website? I mean, is Craig's List pretty much unregulated? I'll go on Craig's List and shop around. I might want to list some bicycles I would like to sell, but, geez, it sounds pretty scammy. I've heard other bad things about Craig's List.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I could cause more trouble for them but as I suspected there has been no reply today to my request to visit Helena. I didn't think there would be:D

Jerry

that's too bad. Thanks for entertaining us, though! :BLAA:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found my FZ6 through craigslist, and I've sold a few things. Just make sure to inspect what you're buying before any commitment and don't take checks if you're selling.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I am not too familiar with Craig's List, but isn't there some way to report obvious fraud posting on the website? I mean, is Craig's List pretty much unregulated? I'll go on Craig's List and shop around. I might want to list some bicycles I would like to sell, but, geez, it sounds pretty scammy. I've heard other bad things about Craig's List.

It's not to bad as long as you know what to expect, if you have a big ticket or very popular item then the A**hats come out of the wood work, you just need to filter them out. I've sold some items with no problems but you never know.

Jerry