I got ripped

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
caribou,
After looking through packaging I was excited, but after removing muffler I noticed the frigging thing is filled with bird seed:eek:.

WTF, How could you make a sale doing something like this:spank:. And the reason you asked for payment as a gift through Paypal, is for dispute purposes. I got ripped off!:banghead:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
caribou,
After looking through packaging I was excited, but after removing muffler I noticed the frigging thing is filled with bird seed:eek:.

WTF, How could you make a sale doing something like this:spank:. And the reason you asked for payment as a gift through Paypal, is for dispute purposes. I got ripped off!:banghead:
Can you give us more details?
Neil

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
He would have noticed the rattle when he picked it up for shipping.
Have you been in contact with Caribou to discuss a refund/return? Is the muffler in such a condition that you are unable to use it?
Neil

Jmnielsen

Reaction score
Visit site
that is why you NEVER send as a gift. EVER. if they aren't willing to pay the minimal fee then you shouldn't deal with them.

thecariboumoose

Reaction score
Visit site
My apologies

The exhaust is in more than usable condition, in fact it looks nearly mint, the exact same way I received it from the owner when I bought my bike. I was unaware there was anything wrong or inside of it. The exhaust was in a box of parts I received. I have been selling those other parts with excellent customer reviews. My ebay account is 80's plus positive customer seller reviews. as well as excellent customer reviews on amazon, as well as on vwvortex. I do not try to scam anyone by using the paypal as a gift, but I absolutely hate seeing your money and mine going to billion $ corporations. Paypal amazon and eBay are constantly uping rates and fees for sale goods, and either the buyer has to be willing to pay for the increase in service protection of the seller must pay for it out of item profits. I have no idea and was unaware how any bird seed got in the exhaust, but as far as I know the exhaust looked in excellent condition, good mounts and bracket attachments. I am not a parts expert, and do not claim to be. I apologize for any inconvenience in having to clean out the bird seed.
Happy riding.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to be honest, CADMAN, whilst I understand your anger at getting something other than what you expected, I was a bit disappointed in your retaliatory post without first giving CADMAN the respect of communicating with him first.

I have no doubt an amicable solution would have presented itself.

Ignoring the apparent 'bird seed', is the exhaust as otherwise described?

Instead of automatically accusing someone of deceit, surely there must be some chance of an honest mistake?

Your aggression and indeed arrogance (can't have been a mistake, he MUST be trying to rip me off) might make others wary of trading with you.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Rick

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site
I dunno..........after seeing so much exageration as to condition and outright "it's in perfect condition" only to find out that is not "my" idea of perfect condition, I think the best solution is to offer a refund or at least reach a resolve on partial refund.

After boxing many items for shippment myself, how could you not know it wasn't filled with bird seed? To me, it sounds really deceptive. I think he has every right to feel mislead and ripped off. I received a 6 disc cd changer that reeked of smoke and had rust on it that was not disclosed.

C'mon man. Do the right thing and reach a resolve. The shipper couldn't be more wrong and should man up.

Bad karma dude.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Depends on how 'full' of this alleged bird seed it was.

Mayhaps it only came out if turned upside down?

Or even, perchance, it may have shaken loose in transit?

I'm more predisposed to offer someone a chance than to jump to conclusions, especially when said conclusions cast aspersions upon someones' honest or good nature.

Cheers,
Rick

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Depends on how 'full' of this alleged bird seed it was.

Mayhaps it only came out if turned upside down?

Try over 1/3 cup (see pic)

Or even, perchance, it may have shaken loose in transit?

NOT LIKELY

... to jump to conclusions, especially when said conclusions cast aspersions upon someones' honest or good nature.

It was quite evident when I lifted muffler from the box to hear a rattle like my kid's rain stick toy. Had to shake and tilt eventually rigging a vacuum tube and still not getting it all.

This was all too obvious.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, ok CADMAN, time perhaps for a chill pill.

After a little shaking, a little dancing, and even a little vacuuming, the exhaust is 'as described'?

I mean, if it was damaged or in any other condition that couldn't so readily be resolved, maybe I'd understand your angst.

But really, come on man - it's all good now, isn't it?

Cheers,
Rick

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have we ever stopped to think of the fact that this minimal amount of bird seed may well have been spilt 'in transit' , the courier may have spilt it all through the van/truck at any stage...... 1/3 of a cup is not going to effect it in any way so its hardly being " ripped off "

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
I can understand your frustration since you PAID for a almost brand new product and got this surprise with it, with that said, will you be selling this exhaust or keeping it?

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I would be pissed if I received an exhaust with bird seed as well. How did bird seeds end up inside an exhaust anyway, makes you wonder what it was used for. Bird house? + the bike will leave a smell of pop-corn everywhere it goes.

There is definitely something fishy and the buyer should still take responsibility rather than brushing it aside. I wouldn't call it a rip-off but I wouldn't buy anything from the seller personally.

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
I would be pissed if I received an exhaust with bird seed as well. How did bird seeds end up inside an exhaust anyway, makes you wonder what it was used for. Bird house? + the bike will leave a smell of pop-corn everywhere it goes.

There is definitely something fishy and the buyer should still take responsibility rather than brushing it aside. I wouldn't call it a rip-off but I wouldn't buy anything from the seller personally.

Did you mean "...definitely something fishy and the seller should still take responsibility..."?

All he's done is avoid the true issue. All but admitted it in another thread and still jacked for an extra $10.