I was scammed, cheated, ripped off.....

hell another way to look at it is you now have a built in Chain oiler!

HA HA, She is an old Norton now.
In order to diagnose we really need some pictures. Epoxy is not the way to go anyway. JB weld will work if the hole is small, but don't consider this a permanent fix. The issue with JB and the cast aluminum is that they are completely different material. This means that they have completely different coefficients of thermal expansion. It may work for a while, but after the repeated heat cycles it may begin to leak. So, keep a close eye on it if you do go this route. The best fix is to pull the case half and either weld it or replace it. This can be VERY expensive and time intensive. (The same thing happened to me on my dirt bike... Shady People)

I picked up a 2006 FZ6 with 40k miles for $1000. I order $250. worth of parts. Kill switch assy, brakes, oil/filter, air filter and more. I found oil drops on my floor. I find the oil over full and blame that. Drained to proper level, still drips. I discover a drain bolt leaking and order a replacement.

Today I discover it has had a chain breakage that busted up the casing and someone has done a pretty good epoxy patch up job, even painted the epoxy to match. So it slowly leaks at the repair.

So what now? It runs really good. Is it scrap metal? Parts? Repair?

im the guy that purchased your last fz6 and sorry u got ripped, to bad people can't keep there bikes as clean as yours, every single bike i saw you had looked better than perfect, and including the fz6 u sold me :)) sorry to hear though.

Back