Image popup "bug".

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
When you click an image and you get the on-screen popup to show it, scrolling the page closes it. This is a problem because on some screens you need to scroll down to see the "Next Image" and "Previous Image" buttons. Basically, some people can't use these because as soon as they scroll to see them, the image closes.

Can we make it so scrolling doesn't trigger the close? It should be a very quick and easy fix - key presses and clicks could still close it, just remove the scrolling part. Is this possible? It's mildly frustrating.

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
When you click an image and you get the on-screen popup to show it, scrolling the page closes it. This is a problem because on some screens you need to scroll down to see the "Next Image" and "Previous Image" buttons. Basically, some people can't use these because as soon as they scroll to see them, the image closes.

Can we make it so scrolling doesn't trigger the close? It should be a very quick and easy fix - key presses and clicks could still close it, just remove the scrolling part. Is this possible? It's mildly frustrating.

Yeah, I got sick of that too, and just started opening images in new tabs, that way you can get the full size of the image as well.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All Ive disabled the Lightbox image display let me know if you prefer it this way:D.. Of the other way

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a little more work now to view the pictures. Having to hit the "back" button to get back to the previous page and select the next pciture.

Can you set it up so they open automatically in a new window?

I didn't have any problems with the original setup. Is it because I'm not using Firefox?

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a little more work now to view the pictures. Having to hit the "back" button to get back to the previous page and select the next pciture.

Can you set it up so they open automatically in a new window?

I didn't have any problems with the original setup. Is it because I'm not using Firefox?

I hate it too LOL...

Change.... Reverted..... :thumbup:

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
It's not a problem with a browser or anything like that. Basically, Lightbox is saying "If you move the page or click or hit a key or something, close the box".

The problem is that on laptop screens, you're normally dealing with a widescreen meaning you don't have the vertical space you're used to on a desktop. This means that you can't see the button at the bottom of LightBox and you have to scroll to get to them... but the scrolling closes the image popup.

It's less of a bug and more of intended behavior not being the best route. It should be really, really easy to fix if you can dive into the javascript for it.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i'll agree. i've never said anything because it wasn't that big of a deal to me... but there are many pics that i don't see the bottom of because they don't show up fully on my screen. this usually isn't a big deal because most of the time that part of the pic isn't important. as a scroll down the pic disappears. and i can never see the next buttons, even if the whole pic shows up. i hit a pic... scroll a bit to close the pic down... click on the next pic... etc.

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
i'll agree. i've never said anything because it wasn't that big of a deal to me... but there are many pics that i don't see the bottom of because they don't show up fully on my screen. this usually isn't a big deal because most of the time that part of the pic isn't important. as a scroll down the pic disappears. and i can never see the next buttons, even if the whole pic shows up. i hit a pic... scroll a bit to close the pic down... click on the next pic... etc.

Yeah. It's only an inconvenience but it's a simple fix and really should be taken care of :thumbup: