Installing Hyperpro lowering spring

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
Just won on ebay the hyperpro spring and a pre-shorted side stand for the bargain price of £46 ($60)

I work as secondard school teacher (high school) and I use the DT workshop for when I do servicing etc on the bike. My question is, as it is just the spring, without a genuine compressor can it be fitted with all the tools and equipment lying around?

I'm thinking it would also make good sense to take the centre stand off with it being lowered and will move the front down too while I'm at it.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
If you only replace the springs then the tools are not too complicated. You will need a wrench to loosen the remove the caps on top of the forks, a tool to remove the front axle, and allen wrenches to remove the front axle pinch bolt and triple clamp pinch bolts. Except for the tool to remove the front axle are all common tools. The front axle is a 3/4" allen wrench (forget the metric equivalent). I went to Home Depot and bought a 3/4" bolt and a couple of nuts and made my tool.

Would be careful about lowering the front very much as the head angle will be changed and can make the bike unstable particularly without a steering damper.

Don't know about removing the center stand as I used it all the time to work on my bike - to remove the front forks I put it on the center stand then supported the bike under the headers to lift the front wheel off the ground. My CBR600 does not have center stand and it can be a pain to work on - have to put it on stands.

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, think I left off the word "shock" from my previous post. It's the spring for the rear shock not for the front forks, was just going to lower the front to match.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re the centerstand, unless it gets in your way cornering, I'd leave it on. As I'm sure you know, its very valuable maintaining the chain with it.

Yes, if you try to use the centerstand with the new lowering kit, it'll be a PIA...

I'd suggest getting some plywood (thickness depending on how low you get the bike).

When the bike is needed to be raised on the center stand, get BOTH TIRES on the plywood (raising it), BUT, the centerstand is on the floor (the bike is essentially raised) making using the CC normal again...

Should you need to use it out in the middle of no-where, (no plywood), some additional muscle should be able to raise it..