Votes: 102 81.0%
  • Motorcyclists, look twice and share the road

Votes: 24 19.0%

• Total voters

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw a sign on the roads today in Southern California that I wasn't sure how to read. You be the judge. This is how it read, with no punctuation, and this specific line break-down.

"Share the road
Look twice
Motorcyclists"​

The question is, are they suggesting that cars should look twice FOR motorcyclists and share the road with them ... OR ... are they saying the motorcyclists need to share the road and look twice?

At first I thought it was the former, but the more I saw it and thought about it, the more I think they are accusing us of not being careful enough and being the source of the recent increase in highway accidents lately.

What are your thoughts?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's a warning for cars to be careful - warning them, not motorbikes.

When people learn to drive, they should be taught to ALWAYS be bike aware. My dad used to ride, so he taught me to always look for bikes and give them room.

We used to have motorcyclist aware campaigns in Western Australia, such as "LOOK LEFT, LOOK RIGHT, LOOK BIKE". Probably need more things like that.

Live4Snow

Reaction score
Visit site
I know that it is telling cagers to look for bikes but with those line breaks, it seems like it is telling motorcyclist to do those things.

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a no brainer, despite the punctuation bad.
Kudos to the Ca. powers that be for at least addressing the issue of cagers not paying attention to bikes. In NY state we often see flashing signs for motorcycles only.....warning of uneven pavement, gravel, or grooved pavement. Now..if only they would take a hint from Ca. and remind cars to look twice for bikes. It's not that hard, is it?
Go us! :rockon:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they forgot "for" they have the same sign posted on all our major highways

"share the road
look twice FOR
motorcyclists"

i actually was able to snap a pic of it one day while driving by... ill see if i can find it..

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
This picture was taken today on a NorCal highway...

P2100355.jpg

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
they forgot "for" they have the same sign posted on all our major highways

"share the road
look twice FOR
motorcyclists"

i actually was able to snap a pic of it one day while driving by... ill see if i can find it..

Due to the California budget crisis, the state cannot afford to pay for the extra kilowatt hours to have a grammatically correct sign.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't you guys forget to be careful with those slow children! :D

But seriously, at least you have some kind of reminder about bikes. We have nothing such in here. Actually I think the most common road sign in Finland is number 60 in a red and yellow sign. And that's kph, not mph. So unfair!

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yep, is bright & is everywhere.

I don't know if is going to help, I allready have people in my office (cagers) biching about it, like why are only warnigs for cars and not for motorcycles, etc.

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw a sign on the roads today in Southern California that I wasn't sure how to read. You be the judge. This is how it read, with no punctuation, and this specific line break-down.

"Share the road
Look twice
Motorcyclists"​

The question is, are they suggesting that cars should look twice FOR motorcyclists and share the road with them ... OR ... are they saying the motorcyclists need to share the road and look twice?

At first I thought it was the former, but the more I saw it and thought about it, the more I think they are accusing us of not being careful enough and being the source of the recent increase in highway accidents lately.

What are your thoughts?
I think its cleverly written so that cagers think it relates to them, motorcyclists think it relates to them. People who ride and drive are totally confused looking at themselves...twice.

Nelly.