Invitation to slow down or take the bus

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got my letter from the Gov't the other day. I read it as something like this.....

Dear Mike,

I hope this letter finds you well. It has come to our ( The S.A. Gov't ) attention that in 22 years of driving you've never caused an accident. It has also come to our attention that in 15 years of riding, no one has been able to tag you (not for lack of trying we know). We've decided that the status quo needs to be upset as some of our useless cagers are getting a bit miffed that you are going too fast to hit.

So bearing this in mind we'd like to invite you to slow down, to make you easier to hit and to give some of these snivelling no- hopers a better chance of knocking you off your bike.

Failing this we will disqualify you from driving for 3 months.....your choice....lose one of your biggest escape advantages or take the bus.

Look forward to scraping you off the road,
The S.A. Gov't.

P.S. After paying thousands of dollars in fines we will also charge you some more money for this...have a nice day.

So I'm now even more of a target....even more reason to stay out of the traffic filled plains and go through the hills.

Nearly got wiped out a half dozen times today......and I'm the dangerous one?:Flip:

That is not exactly what the letter says but when you boil it all down...that's what I see.

Cheers
Mike

Yeah the new thing here is to fine locals sometimes twice as much more than people who are out of state for traffic violations. I don't understand the rationale behind it. It isn't like Virginia has some secret laws the rest fo the drivers don't know about.

Tell them it wasn't you at all... I mean, if they cannot tag you, how can they prove it is you? :D

No, no...don't get me wrong...aside from 3 fines I have gotten all the rest were legit...lol...and I payed for them.

I just don't think that 6 or 7 km/h over the speed limit on a bike is unreasonable...I am certain it is safer for me and if it is safer for me then it follows that it is not less safe for anyone else really.

Not trying to dodge out of paying my fines but after 21 years of speeding, if I was going to cause an accident 'cause of my speeding...surely I would have done it by now..lol.

I just think that in the next 12 months, the cagers have the best chance they've ever had of knocking me off my bike...sad state of affairs i say

No, no...don't get me wrong...aside from 3 fines I have gotten all the rest were legit...lol...and I payed for them.

I just don't think that 6 or 7 km/h over the speed limit on a bike is unreasonable...I am certain it is safer for me and if it is safer for me then it follows that it is not less safe for anyone else really.

Not trying to dodge out of paying my fines but after 21 years of speeding, if I was going to cause an accident 'cause of my speeding...surely I would have done it by now..lol.

I just think that in the next 12 months, the cagers have the best chance they've ever had of knocking me off my bike...sad state of affairs i say

Did you know that in a city of just over 1 million people, there are 60000 of us on less than 3 points left on theior license....that's one speeding fine....

Bloody revenue raising speed camera's, radar guns at the end of 50 zones, at the bottom of hills, etc, etc....

It's RIDICULOUS!

I feel your pain Bro!

:(

The number of people the were sitting on my 455 today is phenomenal. Of course the Gov'ts answer for this is to slow down......What? and bring them in closer while one of their cager mates is lining you up down the road......no thanks

One knocks you off so the other can run you over...lol...sigh.

That sucks for you Mike. But as you said before, you can always take to the hills and do them at 80...all of em!

Back