Is it my imagination.....

Electric_monk

Reaction score
Visit site
or does the engine and road noise of the bike increase considerably when the fuel tank is almost completely empty?
Even wearing earplugs the noise is louder. Having spent years riding non jap bikes i am still getting used to the very different mechanical noises of the bike and am finding the noises a little disconcerting. I have it explained to my own satisfaction but I just need someone with more experience of the bike to pat me on the shoulder and say "It's alright they all do that...!"

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, I've always thought the bike was smoother with a full tank, which may well be more down to noise than anything else. I guess a full tank would either absorb or deflect noise better than an empty one, or maybe it acts as an echo chamber when empty?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, I've always thought the bike was smoother with a full tank, which may well be more down to noise than anything else. I guess a full tank would either absorb or deflect noise better than an empty one, or maybe it acts as an echo chamber when empty?

Makes sense... Add in a bike that may have more vibes and it could resonate when empty...

I hear well and never noticed that. After much tinkering bike is vibration free so it may not do it.

Electric_monk

Reaction score
Visit site

This response has made me realise that i´ve changed into a "glass half empty" sort of bloke, I think it may be time to sell the last of the Beemers and restore my natural balance.
Who'd have thought i'd get an answer to my physcological issues.

Thanks