Issues with ICON gloves, recommendations?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can appreciate that you've had a great experience with the motoport gloves. But they still don't appeal to me. And I'll definitely never buy anything over $75 without seeing it first in person to get a feel for it.

I can understand about not seeing it in person, especially if it's something that you would wear. That's part of the reason why most things that you purchase from Motoport requries you to submit the actual dimensions, very few items are off the rack. They are custom fitted.

My only complaint about the gloves, they tend to be on the slippery side when you apply your levers. They just do not have the friction like leather. I guess there can be some mods that could be performed, maybe applying heatshrink onto your levers. But eventually, you get use to it if you keep using the same glove.

I've learned my lesson spending $50-$60 on a pair of gloves that only last me two-three months. At that pace, I would be spending $1000 on gloves alone. But for someone who only rides 2-3000 miles a year, a $50 pair of gloves may work out fine.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Figured I'd update this, my local mc shop guy let me trade back for a new pair of icon super duty's after I hated the upgrade pair he gave me. they lasted for a little while but tore again, but atleast for that time they were comfortable. Went out for a ride to get my mind off things today and ended it by stopping at the local cycle gear as I'm in kc right now. Found and loved a pair of A*'s smx-2 air carbon gloves. They are so comfortable and breathe great, I won't last near as long into winter with these as I did with the super duty's, but they will suit my needs perfectly for right now.
Alpinestars SMX-2 Air Carbon Gloves - RevZilla

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
**Life time warranty ** through Cycle Gear on all "SEDICI" products. I bought Ultimo Leather Motorcycle Gloves. Gauntlet for $60 right now. These are the most comfy glove ever! The only downside I see lots of velcro and little palm pad. phone made them look orange. Preparing me for the "bleached look" after a few years in the sun perhaps! View attachment 48132

I've been running Sedici Ricci Leather Motorcycle Gloves for 2+ years now. They also fit very well. << FYI: Large in these = 2X Large in Ultimo Leather Motorcycle Gloves

Last edited: