It's My Birthday... Take Me to The Races!

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife, bless her, turns 50 on March 27 which is also the date of the European SBK round at Donington Park.

We were last at Donington for the MotoGP in 2006. This afternoon we were chatting in the pub and discussing the upcoming race season, when I mentioned that the SBK is on her birthday she said "let's go to the races, I'd rather do that than have a party!"

So...
Flights: free (she works for the airline)
Accommodation: free (family half an hour from Donington)
Tickets: 55 quid a head for Friday to Sunday
Visa: unfortunately South African citizens now need visa for the UK which cost an arm and a leg and another leg. Luckily only one of us needs it.
Car hire: I have lots of frequent flyer miles expiring at the end of March that I can use with Avis.

So, without sounding like a cheapskate, we can have a great weekend at the races without breaking the bank, although getting her interested in SBK and diluting the Rossi fixation would be worth a lot!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife, bless her, turns 50 on March 27 which is also the date of the European SBK round at Donington Park.

We were last at Donington for the MotoGP in 2006. This afternoon we were chatting in the pub and discussing the upcoming race season, when I mentioned that the SBK is on her birthday she said "let's go to the races, I'd rather do that than have a party!"

So...
Visa: unfortunately South African citizens now need visa for the UK which cost an arm and a leg and another leg. Luckily only one of us needs it.
Car hire: I have lots of frequent flyer miles expiring at the end of March that I can use with Avis.

So, without sounding like a cheapskate, we can have a great weekend at the races without breaking the bank, although getting her interested in SBK and diluting the Rossi fixation would be worth a lot!
Well mate, I reckon you had this planned all along lol. Sounds like a great trip. The Visa thing is such a pain in the ar5e.
Good luck,

Nelly

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well mate, I reckon you had this planned all along lol. Sounds like a great trip. The Visa thing is such a pain in the ar5e.
Good luck,

Nelly

Not a word of a lie, when I mentioned the races on her birthday she asked "where?" and when I said "Donington" she said "let's go".

:rockon:

spock

Reaction score
Visit site

So...

You know what dude ... I hate you I hate you I hate you :BLAA:

what a wonderful celebration :D I really envy you

Congratulations!!!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice Andrew! Goes with out saying, but just for S&G's: Have a great time and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your wife

:wav::wav:

oh and please post up some pics.....

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, as with all the best laid plans, change is inevitable.

Circumstances have driven us to modify the plans slightly, it is no longer a birthday trip to SBK but a June trip to MotoGP. Not quite the same, I know, but there will still be a birthday celebration in March, hopefully the weather will be better in June than in March and Mrs can see her hero in action, whose birthday it was yesterday and I am really surprised it passed here without mention...