Jackets and Pants -- Aerostitch, Joe Rocket, MotoGP, and a heavy xxl cover

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jackets and Pants -- Aerostitch, Joe Rocket, MotoGP, and a heavy xxl cover (ok all the stuff is added and there are pics, too)

Hey folks,
Please read:
- My price includes shipping.

- These prices are pretty dang low so please don't offer less (I'll just ignore you...)

- I have a cat. It's not like she's ever slept or even been on this stuff, but if you're super allergic, be warned.

- Size reference: I am 6' tall with a 34" waist. I can wear a medium jacket and it will fit snugly or a large and it'll fit a little looser.

- I will make every effort to be as clear as I possible can regarding 1. amount of use, 2. issues, and 3. size/fit.

- All sales final. I need this stuff gone.

Pictures of the gear
: Due to the limitations of the forum software I'm not able to post all of the pictures within the thread. You'll have to navigate to the album here.

Here's the stuff.

Aerostich Roadcrafter Jacket.
Price: $200.00
Size: off-the-rack 42, no modifications.

If you don't know about this jacket, follow the link above and you can read about the details of the jacket. You can use their sizing tool to figure out if it'll fit you.

I bought this off of craigslist from a guy who had never worn it. I've worn it somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-16 times or there about. Not a lot. There's a little bit of road grime and a couple of spots, which I've tried to capture in the pictures. I even got the "owners manual" and other paperwork with the jacket, and the hanger (they stress that one should keep it hung up on a proper hanger in order to maintain proper shape.)

It's goretex but "unlined" since the folks at Rider's Wearhouse think you should just layer anyhow.

No issues whatsoever (except the little bit of grime/few spots). A bath with Nikwax and it would just about like new.

---------------

Firstgear Leather pants
Price: $100, shipped
Size: 32

I bought these as-new off of Craigslist. Wore them once. Not my style. Good, heavy leather pants with knee padding and light padding at the hip. 3/4 circumference zip for mating to a jacket. I don't have the other half. Zips at the ankles.

--------------

Joe Rocket Ballistic Jacket
Price: $45 shipped
Size: Large

This was my go-to jacket for a number of years. It's been used but never down. Could use a bath.

This jacket is about 6 or 7 years old. It's got a removable, full-sleeve liner and tons of vents and pockets. There are adjusters for the forearm to snug it up. Padding in the back, shoulders, and forearms. Pre-CE armor.

There is one (I think not so big...) issue: the main zipper will get stuck if you go too high with it. There was a small piece of metal at the top of the zipper that basically limited how far the zipper could go and it fell off. I found that if I just didn't zip the thing all the way to the top, it worked fine. So you could put a little piece of metal, or maybe just sew a thick knot of thread at the top of the zipper to stop if from going to high and you'd have a fine functioning jacket.

---------------

Basic Joe Rocket Ballistic pants (I have one pair of medium, on large.)
Price for medium: $35 shipped
Price for large: $20 shipped

These are an older model of Joe Rocket pants. These have padding in the knees and the merest of "padding" on the hip. No insulating liner, though I do think that they have some sort of "semi-permeable membrane" sorta like gore-tex. I know that I rode in the rain a few times and it took a while before I got completely soaked... Good, basic pants. There's a pocket on the left thigh and they have ventilated zips that go almost all the way to the top. Please note, the leg zips don't open the pant leg for entry/exit, they're just vents. These pants have the Joe Rocket-length pairing zip on the back, however I do not have the other part of the zipper. You could probably get one from JR.

Stop riding in jeans. You know who you are...

I purchased the size large in the year 2000. The large have worn-out elastic on the sides of the hips. Not pretty to look at but the pants have never been down. They could use a wash.

The size medium are a pair I got off of Craigslist. I didn't wear them because they were too small for me to fit over my jeans. If you've got a small waist (like a size 30) you could probably pull these over your jeans.

---------------

Fancier, newer Joe Rocket Ballistic pants
Price: $40, shipped
Size: Large

These are a little fancier than the pants above. A pocket on both thighs. The leg zips open the leg up for putting on/taking off. The leg zips also have a rubber "seal." I believe (though don't quote me on this...) that they also have some sort of "barrier" lining. Padding in the knees and very light "padding" on the hip. Not CE armor.

The issue with these: The main zipper is broken. In the album there's a picture of me pointing to the zipper where you can see one half of it is gone. You could have the zipper replaced or just do what I did and use the velcro to close the crotchal region, it's plenty strong enough.

---------------

Joe Rocket Perforated leather jacket
Price: $50, shipped
Size: large

This is a nice jacket but I just don't wear it. I prefer my big jacket with the liner out and zips open. YMMV

This is the first version of the perforated jacket that JR did. It's more of sportier fit. I like the color/stripe combo. Padding in the shoulders, back, and forearms. Two front pockets and an internal pocket. Zips at the wrist. Has the mating zipper in the back, but I don't have the other half.

----------------

HJC leather jacket
Price: $100, shipped
Size: large

My pictures don't do this jacket justice. It's a really nice, heavy, supple leather jacket. Has padding in the forearms and back. Removable vest liner (doesn't go all the way down the sleeves). Two front pockets, on small pocket on one of the forearms. Has a zip for mating in the rear (I don't have the other half). Sporty fit. I've worn this jacket probably a half-dozen times. It's like new. No issues. Never been down or dirtied.

----------------

Moto-gp brand textile pants
Size: 34

I probably wore these less than five times. They have a real trim, sporty fit. I couldn't wear them over jeans which is why I didn't really use them.

The padding is pretty light weight -- in the knees and hips. Full-length leg side zips that open the leg for putting on/taking off. Two front hip pockets. Full circumference mating zipper. I don't have the other half of the zipper.

----------------

Alpinestar boots
Size: 45/11 u.s.

These were my boots for a good five years. Here's the thing about boots for me: I put them on in the apartment, walk to the bike, ride to work, change to my shoes. So these don't have a lot of wear on them. The soles have tons of life in them. They are gore-tex lined with a velcro-covered zip flap on the outside. I would call the size a "generous" size 11. They're not bozo boots, but roomy.

The issue: Around the tops of both boots the "pleather" that was on the collar has worn off such that now it's just a textile material showing. The textile that shows is in tact but it is "exposed". See the pic. Doesn't effect the performance of the boots.

------------

Dowco xxl cover
Price: $25, shipped.

This thing is huge. I bought it to cover my bike with my top and side cases on, but actually rode my bike in this configuration very little. There's a little dirt/grime on the cover from having been used in the rain. No rips, tears, or other issues. Comes with the storage bag.

Last edited:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks,
Please read:
- My price includes shipping.

- These prices are pretty dang low so please don't offer less (I'll just ignore you...)

- I have a cat. It's not like she's ever slept or even been on this stuff, but if you're super allergic, be warned.

- Size reference: I am 6' tall with a 34" waist. I can wear a medium jacket and it will fit snugly or a large and it'll fit a little looser.

- I will make every effort to be as clear as I possible can regarding 1. amount of use, 2. issues, and 3. size/fit.

- All sales final. I need this stuff gone.

Here's the stuff.

Aerostich Roadcrafter Jacket.
Price: $200.00
Size: off-the-rack 42, no modifications.

If you don't know about this jacket, follow the link above and you can read about the details of the jacket. You can use their sizing tool to figure out if it'll fit you.

I bought this off of craigslist from a guy who had never worn it. I've worn it somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-16 times or there about. Not a lot. There's a little bit of road grime and a couple of spots, which I've tried to capture in the pictures. I even got the "owners manual" and other paperwork with the jacket, and the hanger (they stress that one should keep it hung up on a proper hanger in order to maintain proper shape.)

It's goretex but "unlined" since the folks at Rider's Wearhouse think you should just layer anyhow.

No issues whatsoever (except the little bit of grime/few spots). A bath with Nikwax and it would just about like new.

View attachment 46755 View attachment 46756 View attachment 46757 View attachment 46758 View attachment 46759 View attachment 46760

I have lots more but can't post it right this minute. More later -- either tonight or tomorrow...

Dang man, I just bought a new jacket.:( That's a Great price on that jacket. That's top of the line in motorcycle gear for me.:thumbup: Someone will get a good deal.:rockon: