JRTC Photos

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a couple of photo of JRTC FOB Warrior. I got into Wally World last night and picked up a Casio camera. Just started fiddling with it will post more photos later.

First photo is SGT Phillips working hard, cranking out reports.

The second is a "can" sleeping trainer. Note how they put the sh*tters right next to the door for us old folks!

In the third you can see how a REMF (Rear Eschilon Mother #*C&er) lives; TV, alarm clock, chair, DVD player, etc, etc. The fourth you can see how a Combat Arms Soldier lives, simple. All that crap came out of one Ruck Sack and one buffle bag. If I can't carry it in one trip I don't need it.

The ranges and STX (Situational Training Exercises) Lanes are ramping up today so I hope to get some good action photos. We have an Iraqi village over the berm and we'll have some good house to house stuff.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
come on top we want the good door breaching MOUT sh*t! Puttin rounds down range and all that good stuff. Is you reserve unit armor? I recall you being an armor guy but now I'm not so sure....... that seems Leg-like! :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey remember I'm the Division TAC G3 Sergeant Major for this one. I'm inside helping run the battle. ie: Briefs for the Generals. We have had three visit so far, and we have two more to go.

And it's a Light Infantry Division SOLDIER! ;)

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
Those metal boxes would be sooooo hot in Iraq. It's hard enough keeping a tent cool, let alone a ready-made oven.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
QUOTE=damnpoor;63749]Those metal boxes would be sooooo hot in Iraq. It's hard enough keeping a tent cool, let alone a ready-made oven.[/QUOTE]

Typing from one in Iraq right now the a/c is a life saver but if the power goes out or there is something wrong with the a/c its only a matter of minutes before you start sweating

sorry about the :hijack: Hellgate :ban: :confused:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, this is NOT Ft. Polk, but it is Texas Army National Guard Soldiers training during their recent rotation as NATO observers in the Sinai in the MFO mission. Few US citizens realize we have been there for about 25 years.

Why can't we all get along???

This is a fire team of Infantry assaulting a trench, clearing the trench and them firing on the next objective. The video is all shot through helmet cams. All clips are from that day except for the 240B machine gun clips at the beginning.

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpBXtc8cKdg[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
QUOTE=damnpoor;63749]Those metal boxes would be sooooo hot in Iraq. It's hard enough keeping a tent cool, let alone a ready-made oven.

Typing from one in Iraq right now the a/c is a life saver but if the power goes out or there is something wrong with the a/c its only a matter of minutes before you start sweating

sorry about the :hijack: Hellgate :ban: :confused:[/QUOTE]

No worries. We had "cans" on Liberty base. They actually stayed pretty cool, except in the heat of the day, but we were out on mission then. It was fine at night for sleeping. I am so glad we had A/C!!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These photos are of Soliders who are learning how to work with an interpreter (Terp) and with Iraqis. The Army hires COBs (Civilian on the Battlefirld) as role players. The COBs are of Middle Eastern decent, many are imigrants from Iraq. They speak to the Soldiers only in Iraqi and the Soldier much use the Iraqi they have learn from language classes earlier in the week, or use the Terp to help them. They also learn the correct protocal when using a Terp. For instance the Terp should stand behind you when you are speaking to an Iraqi. You should not look to the Terp when you speak, but address the Iraqi directly, otherwise it is considered very rude.

The COBs are very proud to be serving the country and helping prepare the Nations forces for war.

Once the Soldier has completed this training the lessons learned will be applied in a more complex senario. Like traveling in a convoy and being flagged down by an Iraqi.

This is a very challenging spot to be put in but you really learn how to handle the situation well.

The other photo is of our ECP (Entry Control Point). This is a very good simulation of what is in theatre. Except in theatre you would enter through 14 to 16 foot tall, concrete blast walls.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love - hate. Well things are winding down for me, two and a wake up. I get to fly from Ft. Polk to Austin with the DCG in his Blackhawk, so no 6 to 7 hour drive, woo! hoo!

I've been totally in the wire this AT so no great action photos, sorry...:(

Today I'm writing awards for my Soldiers. I love to recognize them for their dedication and hard work, but I hate writing awards. Staring at a blank page going duhhhhh....so after many cups of coffee I think the writer's block if over.

"SPC XXXXX'S MERITORIOUS ACHIEVEMENT AS A RADIO TELEPHONE OPERATOR ENABLED THE 36 ID DTAC TO MAINTAIN COMMUNICATIONS WITH ADJECENT UNITS. REASSIGNED FROM THE DTAC G1 TO THE DTAC G3, SPC XXXXX'S OUTSTANDING ABILITY TO QUICKLY ADAPT AND LEARN THE DUTIES OF AN RTO ENABLED HIM TO OPERATE THE SINGARS RADIO, SIPR PHONE AND BLUE FORCE TRACKER. HE PERFORMED HIS DUITIES ENTHUSIASTICALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY PASSING CRITICAL RED CROSS MESSAGES, MEDEVAC COMMUNICATIONS AND BATTLE TRACKING THE TRAINING UNITS. SPC XXXXX'S DEDICATION, LOYALTY AND DEVOTION TO DUTY RELFECT GREAT CREDIT UPON HIMSELF, THE TEXAS ARMY NATIONAL GUARD, AND THE UNITED STATES ARMY."

Two more to go...

BD 7 - OUT!