KTM Duke 690&990

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't realize KTM made street bikes until today :confused: when I saw the Duke's

I was wondering if anyone has ever rode one or heard any reviews on them? (mostly the 690)

690 Duke - Duke - Models - Models & Accessories - KTM.com - Ready to Race

690dukewh.jpg

duke_990_orange_lzw700.jpg

duke_990_schwarz_lzw700.jpg

990sdr-big.jpg

a buddy of mine has the blacked out 990 and he loves it! total hooligan bike, he says that it is nearly impossible to keep the front end down, as well as being crazy easy to throw in the corners, it is a sexy machine that i would love to own one day :drool:

The KTM dealer in Fayetville Ar has the dukes and they are so SWEET :rockon:
alittle pricey i believe the 690 was 8900 and the 990 was 10500 or something close to that, but they both produce some sweet hp and tq numbers.......take a look at the RC8 1190 by KTM

I read in a cycle world mag today a comparison of the duc 1098s and the super duke, the S was a bit faster, but not by much, the Duke is amazing in corners to.

Theres a guy who has a truck and he loads his ktm superduke and ktm supermoto in the back and drives to palomar. Him and his friend are freaking amazing. Never seen anything like it

Funny you should bring this up- I've been drooling over the 690 a lot lately. I'm curious as to the riding position on the 990, though. I would love the extra power, but I don't like being hunched over the tank (hence buying the FZ) and it looks like I might be on the 990. Also, I wish they offered the 690 in black.

Either way, I'll probably be moving back to the congested city next year and might go for one of these then.

Funny you should bring this up- I've been drooling over the 690 a lot lately. I'm curious as to the riding position on the 990, though. I would love the extra power, but I don't like being hunched over the tank (hence buying the FZ) and it looks like I might be on the 990. Also, I wish they offered the 690 in black.

Either way, I'll probably be moving back to the congested city next year and might go for one of these then.

I think the bars are adjustable? either that or I'm pretty sure KTM offers higher bars...

edit: Yeah they do (they are bar raisers):

58401043018(4).jpg

its under the "Power Parts" section on the KTM 990 page

Last edited:
A local dealer has these and I always drool on them. Not a big fan of the 690, almost looks like like a motoX bike. The 990 is just too sectsy.

I like the looks of the Super Duke and the RC8. Different!

ktmrc81.jpg

It's got a Buell, Yamaha, Honda, Etc. etc. all mixed together quality about it.

That would be sweet to take off the passenger pegs, and hang your plates way the heck up in there. I like the sharp/jagged/naked rear end look.

Back