Lets talk NFL !!! **May contain spoilers**

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the season is about to kick off :cheer: & this little PACKER couldnt be more pumped for a Packers repeat :thumbup:

But I want to know what others think about their teams chances & who you think will be most improved/disappointing ?? :D

Obviously I say the Packers are the team to beat & WILL go back to back :rockon:

I expect a good showing for a much improved Detroit Lions & the TB Buccs :thumbup:

And I predict the Jets & Broncos to fail miserably ;)

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Humpy, you must be one of the few fans in Oz of American Football! Good on ya. It's a great time to watch. I have to say that your Pack is looking good but my Pats are going to be a force this year. With a new look on defense they could be going a long ways. I hope you are right with your prediction of the Jet's. I can't stand that team. I just can't bring myself to believe that Mark Sanchez is a good as everyone thinks he is. He will fall back to earth soon.

I do think the Lions are going to be good this year. I watched them in the preseason and they looked pretty good.

I think if Mike Vick can stay healthy, the Eagles will be a good group too.

I'm looking forward to this season. I just drafted for the FZ6 fantasy football league and I picked Aaron Rodgers in the first round. I'll be rooting for him. He carried me last year all the way to the end :thumbup:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not lucky enough to have Austar (which you need to watch NFL), but I think it is a FANTASTIC game to watch. So much happens, that you're never bored, or feel to be watching the same thing over and over.

If only I had Pay TV.

NASCAR on the other hand... I love almost anything with an engine, and will watch NASCAR if there is nothing else on, but only to listen to the engines. So much power, so little happening. BOOOORING

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
Go Pack Go!! I also think the Lions will have a good year. I do think the Jets have done some things to make another good run at the playoffs. I have never been sold on Vick in the playoffs, defenses are too good come playoff time for a running quarterback to do any damage and make a strong playoff run. We'll see who can make a run at the Packers in the NFC but don't see anyone from the North as being a legitimate front runner other than the Pack!!

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the Chargers will get their act together and reach the super bowl and on the NFC side, i like the falcons to do what the Packs did last year...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not lucky enough to have Austar (which you need to watch NFL), but I think it is a FANTASTIC game to watch. So much happens, that you're never bored, or feel to be watching the same thing over and over.

If only I had Pay TV.

Guess today is your lucky day , OneHD has the NFL on free to air :rockon: :rockon: So now you have no excuse not to jump on the Packers bandwagon :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Humpy, you must be one of the few fans in Oz of American Football! Good on ya. It's a great time to watch. I have to say that your Pack is looking good but my Pats are going to be a force this year. With a new look on defense they could be going a long ways. I hope you are right with your prediction of the Jet's. I can't stand that team. I just can't bring myself to believe that Mark Sanchez is a good as everyone thinks he is. He will fall back to earth soon.

I do think the Lions are going to be good this year. I watched them in the preseason and they looked pretty good.

I think if Mike Vick can stay healthy, the Eagles will be a good group too.

I'm looking forward to this season. I just drafted for the FZ6 fantasy football league and I picked Aaron Rodgers in the first round. I'll be rooting for him. He carried me last year all the way to the end :thumbup:

There is a small but dedicated group of NFL fans in Oz , I hope one day that they send a couple of teams out here for a few games...... That would be AWESOME !!!!!! :rockon:

When Vick is up against the poorer defences he is amazing to watch but the stronger D teams always seem to have his measure :thumbup:

You can bank on Aaron to never let you down ;) & I agree that Sanchez is overated :thumbup:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The beginning of the end for the Colts in one word......Collins....why dont you heal Peyton? :confused:

Im not looking forward to this year. Good luck

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
Dirty & Icky Predictions:

NFC East : Cowboys...yes, the COWBOYS. Eagles look like the 2007 Cowboys right now, and Andy Reid is coaching. Giants have Eli...:rolleyes: and the Redskins are in liquidation. The mobile and young offensive line will listen to Romo and provide Felix with tons of gaps...remember Nagy is a 'Sconnie= smart and powerful. The talent will be a huge mesh this year for the Cowboys.

NFC South : Falcons will take the division. The Saints are decent, but don't have any playmakers there that will provide an oomph when needed. Panthers don't have too many weapons, even though Cam Newton is highly talented. Tampa will be fantastic about 80% of the time, but will lose in shootout situations with teams like the Saints and Falcons, and that will hold them back.

NFC North : Packers will win the division...barely. You will not see uber-domination of the division. Every game will be close and they will split the season series with the Lions and Vikings. Both teams are more talented than last year, but lack of winning experience will put them in 2nd & 3rd. Bears- HAHA- Bears.

NFC West : Rams. Bradford in his 2nd year will prove non-believers wrong. Kid is great, and has his team and coach behind him. Sanchez should take lessons from Sammy Sam Sam. Cardinals will not gel in the Kolb era. They will beat some big teams- Steelers, Cowboys, Ravens & Eagles, but will choke in their division and end up a .500 team. 49ers are decent, but huge gaps in positions will be detrimental. Seahawks...you have the coolest colors and T-Jack at QB. I'm sorry for your future pains this season.

NFC WC : Tampa or Detroit.

AFC North : Steelers will get in a fistfight with the Ravens and maybe win. The Browns will surprise some people, but be eerily similar to Tampa in the standings. Oh, then there is the Bengals...sorry Cincy (Mr. Brown is an idiot)

AFC East : Sadly, the Patriots. Jets will be close, but have to rely on WC to get in the playoffs. I hate the Patriots, sorry my NE fans...but I think Ochocinco will be awesome with STOOOOPID TOM BRADY. He's too good and makes other QB's look ridiculous.

AFC South : Texans will win. Colts cannot survive even a few games without Senor Manning. Titans with Hasselbeck=disconnected offense. Jags without Garrard will look identical as the Jags with Garrard

AFC West : Tightest division in all of football for 2011. 9-7 could get you in the playoffs here. Chargers will win the division because Philip Rivers is an absolute TD machine. Raiders will improve greatly and shock many people, but get destroyed by themselves if they aren't careful. Chiefs can challenge anyone with Cassel and Todd Haley again. Broncos will be good with Orton and need to win in some very close games, which could get them the division.

AFC WC: Browns, Raiders or Chiefs...I'm serious on McCoy, folks

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dirty & Icky Predictions:

NFC North : Packers will win the division...barely. You will not see uber-domination of the division.

NFC West : Rams. Bradford in his 2nd year will prove non-believers wrong. Kid is great, and has his team and coach behind him.

I think we will see a total domination from the Pack :BLAA: :thumbup: :rockon:

I agree wholeheartedly on Sam the Man !!!! Im a Sooners fan & he had me convinced he was the real deal a few years ago , I didnt think his rookie season was all that bad :confused: I think some people just had a little to much expectation :thumbup:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I, of course, am rooting for the Rams! Sam Bradford is very talented, and our pre season has shown lots of promise. Last year, his first, was a HUGE improvement, so beware, Packer fan Dan, the Rams are gonna make you work for it this year! :BLAA:

D

Dave.TX

I think Chupacabra did his homework. It's all predictions and speculation though. You never know what a given game will show.

I'm a lifelong Chargers fan. I like that they do so well with Rivers and Co. Last years special teams snafu seems to be corrected and last year it cost them a couple of games.

I'm also a Sam Bradford fan. Hope he does well. Will be rooting for the Texans and rooting for anyone that plays against the Cowboys. Nothing has changed there. Always hate the Raiders, Broncos and (gasp) Patriots. Liked the Pat's early on with Brady and crew but was naive then.

I'm not going to predict winners and losers, I won't watch many games this year. Will just follow on SportsCenter after the games are played.

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
I think Chupacabra did his homework. It's all predictions and speculation though. You never know what a given game will show.

Thank you Dave! I try to follow and pay attention to the entire organizational structure and determine positives and negatives in comparison with the prior year.

I'd like to think that Texans have some of the ability to predict football seasons since it's engrained in our psyche. The only group smarter than Texans are people from Nebraska.

Holy Omaha, they know what they're talking about.

And Bradford will do very well this year...even though I'm a Longhorns fan; Stoops and Mack Brown are excellent coaches for pro-style colleges and work hard to prep the players for NFL life

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!! may they win a game this year.........wait till we get a good QB.......Then later a GREAT QB..........Then......

:rof: Seahawks !!! :BLAA: Is Jackson going to be the starting QB ?? :shakehead: I saw a preseaon game & some other rookie dude was throwing the ball with great promise :thumbup: Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel ;)