Like the look of OEM FZ6 exhaust? want more noise? dont wanna drill?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats pretty interesting, although I do like my leovince looks :), Ill make sure to spread the word in the local area of my fellow fz6 riders, I know a couple who haven't changed yet.

Nice idea if one wanted to retain the stock look!

For me though the shroud was the whole reason to get new exhaust. When I found out it was made of plastic (after I had already gotten my bike home) I was very disappointed and couldn't wait to change.

Found these tonight....

From Italian manufacturer GPR...sports exhaust slip-on, that retains OEM exhaust shroud...it's called the "Ghost" system...

View attachment 26310

YouTube - FZ6????GPR???

:: GPR::born to run :: sito ufficiale 2007/2008 :: www.gpr.it

They also do another system for the FZ6....

View attachment 26311
:: GPR::born to run :: sito ufficiale 2007/2008 :: www.gpr.it

I like the look of this system....

:thumbup:

I like it, but I can't tell what the price is for the ghost or the other exhaust pictured?

I like it, but I can't tell what the price is for the ghost or the other exhaust pictured?

There is an English sight that sells them...cant find the link right now, but they are not cheap...both are about 650 pounds from memory...

:thumbup:

Nice cans,but they are pricy!

Link to the site in England - Yamaha

FAZER-FZ 600 2004-08 Titanium £765.28 (including 17.5 % tax)
FAZER-FZ 600 2004-08 Stainless £638.59 (including 17.5 % tax)
FAZER-FZ 600 2004-08 Carbonox Oval £536.41 (including 17.5 % tax)
FAZER-FZ 600 2004-08 Titanium Oval £638.59 (including 17.5 % tax)
FAZER-FZ 600 2004-08 Aluminium Oval £448.54 (including 17.5 % tax)
FAZER-FZ 600 2004-08 Carbon Oval £638.59 (including 17.5 % tax

with as much respect as the fz6 gets for having an undertail style exhaust.....i dont like the fact its nothing more than a huge muffler covered with a shroud made to look like 2 cans. I'd rather see one large exhaust port for a stock undertail as seen on some other factory bikes

is it just me or was the way that guy was reving the engine in the vid anoying!!! :spank: like he was scared to tach it up........ I would have bumped the rev limiter severeral times!!!! I'm just sayin!! :BLAA: :rockon: :D

I really didnt like the sound of the GPR's exhaust.

Here in Greece these exhausts are quite cheap.
Italy is next to Greece and its very easy to find and buy them.

I have to say that the GPR exhaust is not something special and they are over rated for their quality.
Imagine that the black end cover is made from plastic! Not even aluminium or carbon or any other quality material!

I think that Akrapovic has the best noise, leo's are the prettiest and Two Brothers are the baddest exhaust for the fz6!
All the others are just substitutes!

is it just me or was the way that guy was reving the engine in the vid anoying!!! :spank: like he was scared to tach it up........ I would have bumped the rev limiter severeral times!!!! I'm just sayin!! :BLAA: :rockon: :D
I thought he was doing a before and after video initially. I would have liked to hear them screaming a bit.

Nelly

I thought he was doing a before and after video initially. I would have liked to hear them screaming a bit.

Nelly

Everyone likes a "Screamer"....Lol!

And on a different note...how did this thread rise from the dead!

:eek:

I've got the Givi V35 panniers fitted. So I'm guessing this exhaust would fit with my V35s as they clamp around the stock plastic exhaust cover. Win!

Just came across these i think they're pretty cool, a true "sleeper" system. They seem to be only about $600.00 on ebay... although i know this is a very old thread so no one will read this.

Last edited:
Not just you, we want to hear the exhaust as well as see it. swift kick in the nuts for that guy.
(sorry for the double post)

Last edited:
I hate static rev's and microphone/camera up the @ss. It does nothing to represent the effectiveness of the exhaust. i.e. how loud, how quiet, and how it sounds under load which is the critical element...

But feel free to kick just the same! :D

I hate static rev's and microphone/camera up the @ss. It does nothing to represent the effectiveness of the exhaust. i.e. how loud, how quiet, and how it sounds under load which is the critical element...

But feel free to kick just the same! :D
Reading the rev aspect of the post's, it reminded me of when I sold my dirt bike.....The guy asked, "How do I know the bike won't blow up?"
Wrong question to ask me! I twisted the throttle wide open and asked him what do you think? He said, "OK OK, I'll buy it!":BLAA:

Back