Long Distance Touring on FZ6

I just did my first 4,000 mile round trip to San Fransisco to visit some friends. All I can say is my ass hurt quite badly. Stretching while riding felt uncomfortable the first time I did it. I hadn't thought of it till some guys on harleys past me doing 90+ with their legs stretch out on each side, lol. Looks goofy but it helps reduce rest stops due to your legs cramping.

I wish I could do the camping thing, after setting up camp I wouldn't want to break camp to get all that gear put back into the bags. For some reason it never fits the way it did when you packed up :D

I road 9 hours one day followed by a 15 hour day/night as I was paying for rooms and I am also broke :) having just purchased the bike a week before I left for this trip I didn't even have saddle bags, all I had was a backpack to take off layers as it warmed up and cooled down.

Reading some of these suggestions, the hydro thing sounds simply luxurious! Ah I also feel stupid not having the Tire repair kit and some form of compressor to fix a flat, thinking of the potential behind getting a flat during the times i was literally in the middle of no where, well so thankful that didn't happen!

Last edited:
Back