Looking for ignition / lockset 04-06 (bike stolen and recovered!)

Makoz

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, my baby was stolen nearly 2 months ago and was recovered this week. She is almost whole, just some scratches and cracks on the front cowling, a punched out ignition, and missing right mirror. The other 2 bikes they recovered from the same place looked like they rolled over a couple land mines, so I'm actually very lucky. :rockon:

Anyways, I need a new ignition first and foremost. I'd prefer at least to get a new ignition and fuel tank cap together so I don't have to worry about multiple keys, but if you've got an ignition for cheap then I'll take it. Seat lock would also be great, but not as important.

Thanks,
Martin

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the original ignition and fuel cap off my race bike with 1 key, may even have the seat lock too. Will check the shed tomorrow and get back to you.
EDIT: Its a 2007 model but should be the same as far as I know. I'll let you do the research on that.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If that doesn't work out, I know on the FJR forum, they had a re-call for failed ignition switches(08 model maybe?-bad soldier joint inside the switch). The replacement switches were intially NOT re-keyed.

After a bunch of complaining, Yamaha (under the re-call) rekeyed the switches so it can be done...

Makoz

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the original ignition and fuel cap off my race bike with 1 key, may even have the seat lock too. Will check the shed tomorrow and get back to you.
EDIT: Its a 2007 model but should be the same as far as I know. I'll let you do the research on that.

That would be great! They are compatible according to all these different parts stores I've checked out.

That's good to know Townsend, but I'm hoping to get things done a bit faster and for a bit less than going through Yamaha. There's no guarantee that I'll get any money back from the thieves at this point, so my repair budget is small lol.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe someone could send you those keyed pieces for the price of shipping. Maybe help a brother out.

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
2cYbvNlh.jpg

I have all 3 parts with a key but the ignition harness is cut back about 4 or 5 inches from the ignition so you would have to cut your harness and solder the wires. If you are still interested pm me and we can work something out. I did find this on ebay though. Pretty cheap and already in the US.

04 06 Yamaha FZ6 S FZ6 S Lock SET Ignition KEY Trunk GAS Tank CAP LID A527 | eBay