Looks can sure be deceiving!

ssmotorcycle

The Emmy Winning Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
So I met up with a friend of mine and a friend of his (Burt) for a little ride yesterday. Here's Burt...picture Tom Arnold plus 5 years, plus 45 lbs, wearing denim bib overalls with a very snug red and white Under Armour shirt on, (yes, one of those he should not be wearing...no one should)...And neon colored running shoes to accent everything. Well, he hops on his kickass completely custom Ducati 889 and smokes me and my buddy 10 times over again through some great twisties for about 20 miles. Come to find out later in the afternoon, he use to race WERA. His technique was flawless. Looking at him when we first shook hands I never would have put this guy on two wheels of any kind.....goes to show, looks sure can be deceiving.

Any similar stories?

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, "old fat guys can look deceiving" is what this thread should read(no offense, I mean that in an endearing fashion). I've seen it multiple times. Some old out of shape dude(I'm one to talk, I'm skinny, but so out of shape lol) gets on an old moto, that equally looks like much of nothing, then gets going and effortlessly hands everybody else their arses. :eek: There's no substitute for good ol' experience!