Lower Cowl Kit + FZ1 Handlebars on order.....now I wait

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered a Yamaha Lower cowl kit from http://www.powerpartsplus.com for $239 US. My local dealer wanted $459 CDN. I ordered the FZ1 handlebars from the dealer and they came to $53 CDN. Should be getting the cowl between Aug 5-11. Im hoping I dont feel the same pain waiting for these as I did waiting for the Tw0-Bros to show up. It really did hurt!!:rolleyes:

Pics to come.......

Last edited:
What's going to be the advantage of the FZ1 bars? I need a new set as mine have a coupe rust spots and was considering just replacing them.

WesWood151

Feedback from other people who have done the handlebar switch has been nothing but positive. Search the forums for their posts. Thought I'd try for myself as I find the stock bars pretty narrow.

i feel the FZ1 bars are amazing for what they are and should have been on the FZ6 from the start.

when you install make sure you check when you drill the hole that the throttle sticks out past the bar enough that the bar end sits flush. if you dont know what i mean ask and ill explain better.

also when you get the belly pan let me know what it cost you landed here. im in Vancouver as well.

:thumbup:

the hole on the clutch side can stay and its for a locating tab on the switch assembly. on the throttle side you'll notice you clearly can't use the FZ1 hole so you'll need to drill your own on the bottom instead of the side.

but if you just take the FZ1 hole and redrill a hole on the bottom the throttle tube will be about 1/2" (if i remember correctly) to far inside and the bar end will look like it sticks out a lot.

measure the throttle tube end to the locating tab on the throttle assembly. then install the bar end by itself and measure from the point where the grip is supposed to meet with the barend to where the locating tab would be.

now when you drill the grip will sit flush with the barend.

i also made the hole a little bigger so i had room to move it left or right if need be.

Back